Certifiably Crazy

Loaded AMXC wheelset. Any info?

Hi, have any of you ever heard of a company called Loaded? I'm looking at their AMXC wheelset
    NEW! LOADED AMXC 29er MOUNTAIN BIKE WHEELSET - ORANGE | eBay

AmXC Signature Handbuilt Wheelset 29" :: Loaded USA

Only reason is I want orange rims to match the rest of the accents on my bike, and they are the only ones I've been able to find.

I did a Google search and not much came up on them.

Thank you.

They'd be going on this.

2013 Felt Edict Nine

Dropshot Champ!

transmitter~receiver
    Don't know much about Loaded wheelsets. Seems like a solid premise, though (32h, conventional parts, etc.).
    FWIW you can get Velocity Blunts in a nice orange powder coat and pick the rest of your spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

mtbr member
    thats a nice ride!
    Visit http://www.ABQmtb.com for local rides in New Mexico!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    All Loaded components look like cheap knock offs. The seat clamp is a serious Thomson knock off, but lacks the quality of Thomson.

As for their wheel set, I have no experience.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Considering you can get quality american classic wheels for nearly that price and 400 grams less, I'm not a buyer.
    14 S-Works Epic WC
    14 Yeti ARC
    14 S-Works Crux Disc
    15 Echo Big Deal

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I've had a set of Load XC/AM wheels on my Titus Rockstar since the end of May, 2012. I've put lots of miles on these, including the recent race at Downieville and a full week in Oregon over lots of rocks. The wheels have been excellent and I've had no problems with them. The hub engagement is good, they are light and with 32 spokes they have been stiff. These wheels look good, and I don't get some earlier comments about cheap knock offs. IMHO, excellent wheels, well manufactured; especially if you can get a decent price on them.
    [SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

Dropshot Champ!
    they are cheap knock offs.

they aren't light at all.

they are expensive.

They pretty much have nothing going for them.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I guess that's you opinion, probably without actually riding a pair or any real knowledge of the product. Good luck, since I've rode them and disagree.
    [SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

Dropshot Champ!
    people have already proven they're knock offs.

They're almost 2100g.

They cost more than better, lighter wheels on the market.

It's not so much my opinion, just stating the facts. I'm glad they're working out for you though.

-Cheers

mtbr member
    Basically re-branded Azonic Outlaw 29er wheelset (which itself is just catalog hubs, generic spokes, and Alex rims) except with twice the price tag.

Almost identical hubs and rims, just in different anodized colors.

For the price ($600+) you could get a handbuilt wheelset with Hope hubs, DT/Wheelsmith spokes, and Mavic rims. Hand. Built.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GTscoob View Post
    Basically re-branded Azonic Outlaw 29er wheelset (which itself is just catalog hubs, generic spokes, and Alex rims) except with twice the price tag.

Almost identical hubs and rims, just in different anodized colors.

For the price ($600+) you could get a handbuilt wheelset with Hope hubs, DT/Wheelsmith spokes, and Mavic rims. Hand. Built.
    This is spot on. I would go with Stans rims (or Velocity Blunts if you want orange).

2000 + grams is not light for a 29er wheel.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Save yourself some serious coin, and pick up a set of Sun Charger Pro wheels. Half the prices, and the come in at 1850grams and use Stans BST.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Not sure where the weights are coming from, but I weighed mine when I got them and they were about 1900 grams. I have a set of Sun Ringle Black Flag Pro 29er wheels on my hardtail. They are excellent wheels and lighter than my Loaded AM/XC wheels. The Loaded wheels are stiffer and better for my Titus Rockstar in the rough stuff. That said, I had to use Stan's strips to make them tubeless; whereas the Stan's rim just required rim tape. As I said in my previous review, the Loaded Wheels are great for the right price and really seem to be holding up well. I really don't care if something is a knock off; I only care if works and I'm not constantly having to repair it. I have destroyed some American Classic wheels (someone mentioned them above) and the rear hub just doesn't last. My problem with the comments on MTBR is that none of you have tried these products, and if someone else has "proven" something is a knock off, that is not you. Again, I've tried these rims, and that what was requested by the original post and the first reply. It seems to me you guys just want to bash the product LOADED. Its not my company, but the wheels I have have been excellent. Keep your comments useful and with personal knowledge so others have real input.
    [SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

Dropshot Champ!
    lol denial

Last edited by redmr2_man; 08-11-2012 at 08:29 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    http://bikethomson.com/blog/wp-conte..._SILO_001a.jpg

http://www.loadedusa.com/bike-flash-...clamps_blk.jpg

Well this are just seat collars, but the loaded look like a dead ringer to me.

As for your Black Flag Pro's, those are XC wheels. That is why I suggested Charger Pro's. They are their AM wheel set.

Glad your loaded stuff is working for you.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Oliver: If I was going to copy a seat collar (or a seatpost), I'd copy a Thompson too...lol. If I was going to copy hubs, I'd copy Chris Kings. I knew why you were referring to the Charger Pros as AM (I have a friend who has a pair and really likes them), but I don't have a pair and can only measure against the Black Flag Pros which I do have. Great wheels, IMHO, but got them on sale.

redmr2_man, you are just dead wrong since I didn't pay that much for the wheelset and they work great. Paying retail for a set of wheels is just dumb. Again, the only denial here is your lack of actual use of a Loaded Wheelset so you can't really review the wheels. You must make lots of posts without actual knowledge of the products....that too is dumb.
    [SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTrog View Post
    redmr2_man, you are just dead wrong since I didn't pay that much for the wheelset and they work great. Paying retail for a set of wheels is just dumb. Again, the only denial here is your lack of actual use of a Loaded Wheelset so you can't really review the wheels. You must make lots of posts without actual knowledge of the products....that too is dumb.
    Chill out man, nobody is bashing your wheels or your decision to buy them. We're just advising some better options for the same price. It's awesome that you love the wheels, ride the hell out of them.

There are better wheelsets or at least something of equivalent performance at a lower price on the market.

Digging this thread back up. There is lots of misinformation and hearsay going on here.

Some facts and not opinions:

• Wheelset Weight (23.5mm wide rim 29ER) total: 1950 grams. (Loaded now has the X-Lite wheelset for the weight weenies: 1400 grams... and a new 1500 gram 27.5" wheelset... AND looks like they are working on a carbon rim as well).
    • Wheels ARE hand-built in California by Loaded.
    • Loaded machined sealed bearing hubs.
    • Over-sized Sealed bearings.
    • 3 pawl/ 24 point engagement design, much like what you see with a White Industries hub internal.
    • Hubs convert from skewer to thru-axle.
    • Rims extruded from 6061 T6 Aluminum.

Loaded Precision Spokes:
    • High Grade T302 Stainless Steel.
    • 14g Specifically Designed for All Mountain.
    • Breaking Strength: 300 – 310 kgf.
    • Fatigue: 180 kgf, 10 hz.
    • "Loaded’s New Drawing Technology makes them 20% stronger than the Competition."

Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man View Post
    they are cheap knock offs.
    they aren't light at all.
    they are expensive.
    They pretty much have nothing going for them.
    Baseless input not needed and helps no one who wants an honest review or otherwise facts.
    Last edited by duggus; 01-23-2013 at 02:53 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I've been running this wheelset on a Sette Razzo 29er that I build last year and thus far have no
    complaints. Quality is good and the wheels seem to be pretty strong. I primarily ride cross-country
    trail.

They do have a freewheel noise - may annoy some, others may think it's cool.

Loaded AMXC wheelset. Any info?-bike10.jpg