• 08-08-2012
    xavier lord
    light XC wheel ?!?!? AM classic race Vs industry nine ultralite 29
    which one will be the best for XC and marathon racing?
  • 08-08-2012
    texasnavy05
    I dont think you will go wrong with either, but I am an american classic fan.
  • 08-08-2012
    Spinning Lizard
    For racing I like the American Classic's. For techy climbs I like the I9's.
  • 08-08-2012
    mnyquist
    I have been riding the American Classic Race 29 for a couple of weeks. So far, so good. Set up tubeless super easy. Tubeless rim strip is included as well as the valves (and QRs.) Spin really nicely, too.
  • 08-08-2012
    xavier lord
    thanks any other wheel available +- same price thanks
  • 08-28-2012
    kroe
    If you don't care about engagement AC can't be beat. WTB hubs are the same and cheaper. Light, strong, smooth, convertible, engagement is just terrible (24 points, but engages like less due to the ring drive).
  • 08-30-2012
    Velorangutan
    The Stan's wheelsets are pretty good too. May want to give them a look!
  • 08-30-2012
    BSG
    Been riding the i9 all year. So far they have been great.The crest rims have stayed true and the hubs have been trouble free. Im an engagement snob(last wheels before these where hadley and kings) and the i9's are truly amazing. I have no experience with the acs but they look nice too.
  • 08-31-2012
    SleepeRst
    I have the AC's and love them. They are plenty light, laterally stiff, and feel extremely durable.
  • 09-02-2012
    4slomo
    Have you checked out ENVE 29er XC wheels? These optimize for light weight and high performance, versus low cost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xavier lord View Post
    which one will be the best for XC and marathon racing?

• 02-12-2013
    noonan1970
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 4slomo View Post
    Have you checked out ENVE 29er XC wheels? These optimize for light weight and high performance, versus low cost.

So what was the cost of the wheelset you built up? thanks