• 01-16-2013
    BigGK
    Lets see your bar! All things bar related
    Tried finding a bar thread, didn't look to hard but didn't see one.

    Anyways what kinda bars you riding on your 29er, and for what style of riding?
  • 01-16-2013
    Bike Whisperer
    The now discontinued Carnegie's Bar on my 29er SS

    <table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/XxDfgmhNJmNOLfwmCk3BKdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=e mbedwebsite"><img src="https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-BwtCOVOjXvg/UM4stUEV2pI/AAAAAAAAFQg/KZUoD55Hucg/s640/P1020359.JPG" height="640" width="480" /></a></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From <a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/112555721671664439699/Bikes?authuser=0&feat=embedwebsite">bikes</a></td></tr></table>
  • 01-16-2013
    Huskywolf
    Running a riser bar on my hardtail. Nothing fancy.
  • 01-16-2013
    ronyc
    1 Attachment(s)
    Carbon haven, thinking of getting a wider bar, maybe a carbon havoc.
  • 01-16-2013
    FujNoob
    Truvativ Noir T40 Carbon. 700mm wide with 15mm rise.

    http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../P10104361.jpg
  • 01-16-2013
    edubfromktown
    This one: Noir carbon medium rise 660mm. I ride anything from XC to some FR.

    My rigid steel SS has Easton EA-70 carbon bars and my geared hard tail has alum bars. On 29er's I like bars between 650-700mm with 100mm or so stems.

    http://www.xrs.com/pics/Noir2.jpg
  • 01-16-2013
    BigGK
    What does the mm on your stem ref to? IE 100mm stem
  • 01-16-2013
    edubfromktown
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by BigGK View Post
    What does the mm on your stem ref to? IE 100mm stem

    length- millimeters.
  • 01-16-2013
    GTscoob
    787mm Truvativ Boobar, 50mm Truvativ Hussefelt stem. Both were cheap/free.

    No pics, just a really wide and low bar setup.
  • 01-16-2013
    eurospek
    Chromag OSX 780mm all day. I just wish they made them a bit wider even, rise is perfect! :thumbsup:

    http://gp1.pinkbike.org/p6pb9006977/p5pb9006977.jpg
  • 01-16-2013
    rojogonzo
  • 01-16-2013
    rojogonzo
    blacksheep mountain moustache
    dirt trails and rocks

    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7089/7...03e51c1e_z.jpg
  • 01-16-2013
    BruceBrown
    1 Attachment(s)
    Bar hopping...
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by BigGK View Post
    Tried finding a bar thread, didn't look to hard but didn't see one.

    Anyways what kinda bars you riding on your 29er, and for what style of riding?

    Speaking of Happy Hour (starts in 3 minutes here), how about some bar hopping?:thumbsup:
  • 01-16-2013
    SS Hack
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by rojogonzo View Post
    blacksheep mountain moustache
    dirt trails and rocks

    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7089/7...03e51c1e_z.jpg

    Try not to get impaled.
  • 01-16-2013
    ThreeD
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Bike Whisperer View Post
    The now discontinued Carnegie's Bar on my 29er SS

    <table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/XxDfgmhNJmNOLfwmCk3BKdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=e mbedwebsite"><img src="https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-BwtCOVOjXvg/UM4stUEV2pI/AAAAAAAAFQg/KZUoD55Hucg/s640/P1020359.JPG" height="640" width="480" /></a></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From <a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/112555721671664439699/Bikes?authuser=0&feat=embedwebsite">bikes</a></td></tr></table>

    I've got the Carnegie's on two of my bikes. I didn't know they discontinued them, I wonder why. I love those bars.
  • 01-16-2013
    251
    On-One Fleegle, flat, 15&deg; sweep, 720mm:

    http://251.org/gallery/var/albums/Sh...gleHorizon.jpg
  • 01-16-2013
    ATXZJ
    Azonic double wall 762mm wide with 1" rise and 70mm stem

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...j/100_2659.jpg
  • 01-16-2013
    jan_nikolajsen
  • 01-16-2013
    dgw2jr
    Kore Torsion flat bar cut down from 710mm to 670mm on a 100mm Truvativ Stylo T20 stem. Light mounts at the center of the bar. I lost my bar plugs and need to replace em before I get a chunk of love handle taken out. :p

    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-0...25282%2529.jpg
  • 01-16-2013
    pimpbot
    Running H-Bars all around
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by BigGK View Post
    Tried finding a bar thread, didn't look to hard but didn't see one.

    Anyways what kinda bars you riding on your 29er, and for what style of riding?

    Nashbar had them for $60, and with a 20% off coupon, tax and sometimes free shipping, they came out to $60 landed. :thumbsup:

    I love my H-Bars. I used to have wrist pain. No longer. I can go all day long now. I ride mostly XC-Trail.

    So, non OS H-Bars, Small Ergon grips for my large hands (weird, huh?) and Garmin 305 on the stem.

    <a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/TAN8Z7M6cxniyR8P14i1HdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=e mbedwebsite"><img src="https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-BZGFVGUGJkA/T02TRmvOyKI/AAAAAAAAa48/VQ22HDu2SHM/s800/IMG_2886.JPG" height="600" width="800" /></a>

    <a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/T01YO3_kYH3Xu4eo9_3C99MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=e mbedwebsite"><img src="https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-dYGFLehr8eg/T4dSmOBjejI/AAAAAAAAcJg/AmSqDAtUUqs/s800/IMG_3047.JPG" height="600" width="800" /></a>

    Sometimes, the view over the bars ain't so great. :eek: :confused:

    <a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/tr-V186hG3g0z6nZE7Lve9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=embe dwebsite"><img src="https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-4CsjLzkMluw/Tu0sBdHPamI/AAAAAAAAZx8/TuCk7Oyi7vg/s800/IMG_1970.JPG" height="800" width="600" /></a>

    *edit*

    Bell pR0n...

    <a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/_kuiaGNM0j5Ts9uX05gxuSn1AbpM2gonuNMXA31ot6I?feat=e mbedwebsite"><img src="https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-C9dwCj084wE/UPMg3KrKkoI/AAAAAAAAfek/snBeWeMa8x4/s800/IMG_4470.JPG" height="600" width="800" /></a>
  • 01-16-2013
    trrubicon06
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pimpbot View Post
    Sometimes, the view over the bars ain't so great. :eek: :confused:

    <a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/tr-V186hG3g0z6nZE7Lve9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=embe dwebsite"><img src="https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-4CsjLzkMluw/Tu0sBdHPamI/AAAAAAAAZx8/TuCk7Oyi7vg/s800/IMG_1970.JPG" height="800" width="600" /></a>

    Umm...WTF?!
  • 01-16-2013
    pimpbot
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by trrubicon06 View Post
    Umm...WTF?!

    Uh, Dimond Canyon Trail (yes that is spelled correctly) in Oakland CA, going down a steep downhill switchback staircase. I leaned on the front brake going super slow a bit too much with the bars cocked pretty far around. The rim took all of my weight with the wheel sideways to dead stop the bike when I wussed out. Wups. :eek:

    S'okay, I "fixed" it (in ironic quotes)! :D

    Sorry about the lack of focus.... Skip to 1:20 for the goods.

    (NSFW language)

    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Tp1s9GWNUOw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

    Heh... I ended up doing another 15 dirt miles on it before riding home.

    I love this town. Imagine having some decent legal techy singletrack puzzles to solve a quarter mile from your front door that you can ride year 'round, that lead up to some more great trails. Yep... that's my backyard! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
  • 01-16-2013
    MTBeing
    1 Attachment(s)
    Giant Connect SL 29.5" wide. Awesome oem bar.
  • 01-16-2013
    memi
    1 Attachment(s)
    Here is mine
    Attachment 753738
  • 01-16-2013
    skitchy
    Ha! I was actually rockin' a Forte bar to see if I wanted to go flat. 720mm/220gm and I got it for like $29.00. Great deal.