Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Lets see your bar! All things bar related

11K views 62 replies 38 participants last post by  eurospek 
#1 ·
Tried finding a bar thread, didn't look to hard but didn't see one.

Anyways what kinda bars you riding on your 29er, and for what style of riding?

#37 ·
I'm in the minority. I'm rocking 560mm bars. There are narrow trees where I ride and I couldn't imagine riding with some of these bars and you probably feel the same way about my bike. There were some very tight spots when I was using my 580 bar last year.

#51 ·
After tonight I took the narrow bars off. When I had to correct from sliding I overcorrected with the narrow bars. Maybe it was just because it was dark and I haven't been on my bike in awhile, but I'm going to try the wider bars. I put my salsa bars on that are 25 inches wide. So I went from a 22 3/4 inch bar to a 22 and now a 25. We will see how these work. I just think my handling skills were off tonight, but I've been wanting to try the wide bars again anyways and now is the best time to do that.

#62 ·
Trying a DH stem and a riser bar in an attempt to shorten the cockpit a little on my Stache. Both are cheap ebay finds. I may get a better bar if I decide I like this setup. I find my self really liking the solid feel of the DH stem. I know the green doesn't match. Don't really care.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.