Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2013

ks lev dropper post sag ?

so I just got my new 125m ks lev dropper seat post for my niner rip 9 took it to winter park co went on a 10 mile ride seat post worked great I was thinking this is the way to mountain bike so much more control moving on bike and I have better balance, I am very happy. so got home and took bike out next day for a ride on my home turf and seat post is sagging 3/4 of an inch ?? starts to move before the rear suspension moves ?? and if I put my hole 180lbs on it it moves 3/4 of an inch just putting my elbo on it it moves about a quarter of an inch. if I lift bike by the seat , the post moves up about half an inch ?? so I checked the cabel first with cabel adjusted totally loose and ks red cover off I see the cabel all the way up in chamber still sag. i removed the end cover , and the inner cabel is hooked up looks to be working right. I also checked to make sure the end cover was tight before removing it , because the LBS said the only problem they have ever seen with the ks lev is a loose end cover. any help would be great because the tech department at ks is closed until tuesday? and I want to go on a ride before my vacation is over thanks for the help!!

mtbr member
    Ever get an answer to this? had the exact same thing happen t me on a ride yesterday.
    Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I am experiencing the exact same issue. I get about a 1/2'' of play/movement in the post.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    mine works great. did you check air pressure?

mtbr member
    Waiting to hear back from lev, a little research googling around I've found a few folks complaining of the same issue, sounds like it has to be sent back to the factory, good news is everyone experienced very fast turn around.

Mine worked great for about a month, went bad during a ride in really cold weather yesterday. Moved the post up about a inch, so when it sagged when I sat on it, it was at the correct height and was able to finish my ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Having the same problem. Doesn't do it every time I sit on it. But can feel it move down sometimes. I've been just standing up and pushing the lever, pops back up. Stays for a while, sometimes, sometimes doesn't. Just got it back from KS as it stopped moving. Might have to send it back. This would be the third time. When it works it's great. Riding without it is not the same.

mtbr member
    Just to follow up, I'm sending my post back to LEV, they said they usually turn these around in a day.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    so sent in my lev , after finding out art cyclery would have sent me a new one because it was only a week old . But anyway sent it in to KS in California shipped it Thursday and got it back a week later I live in colroado. I was told the cartridge went bad. they installed a new on and now I have 3 rides on it and if feels very stiff working great ! Im not sure if I could ever go back to a bike with no dropper post and as much as people say they work on the seat post I may buy a back up ? just hard to spend $315.00 for another lev to sit on the shelf.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    So I have had my KS Lev dropper for six month now and I love it but when I pick my bike up by the seat the seatpost extends about about a half inch or so. Is that normal or should it extend to it's highest position when the lever is activated?

Thx

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    that is not normal my lev did this too right out of the box then sent it in and stays where you leave it. I also pick up my bike by the seat and post stays in place now

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    That's what I thought. Time to send it in.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I've been having the same problem sent it 2 weeks to the day and been emailing them about it was told last Tuesday that it'll come in the end of the week and still don't have it they said the reason for the delay is they were at the INTERBIKE, guess they closed the shop. It's my third time sending it in and it's really frustrating cause I've paid a lot of money for it and keep on spending money every time I send it in, hope they fix it right this time.

mtbr member
    Been two weeks to the day since they received my post, starting to get pissed.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    It has been a month now since I sent in my LEV been talking to Ron Easton of KS I don't know why they put this guy in charge of customer service because there is no customer service at all. Every time I talk to him he seems not interested on what you are saying and put you on speaker phone and you can hardly understand what he's saying with all the background noise dunno if he's doing it purposely cause he doesn't answers to your question and keep on repeating his answer " we're still waiting for the part from Taiwan so we can repair your post" this is his only answer he has on all of my question.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Having the same problem with my KS Lev 125mm post with the post extending 1/4 inch when lifting the seat and dropping down when the seat is let go. The post is only 3 months old and there is a fair bit of side to side movement.

mtbr member
    I would wait for them to confirm they have parts in house before shipping back unless you got a spare post you can use, yet another week has gone by, no ETA, waiting on a ship from China

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    mine doesnt slip down - but it sticks in down position and hangs up about an inch from full extend - been that way from day 1 - shop where I bought was going to service it - but all they did was add air pressure and tell me I torqued it too tight - BS - as they installed it and torqued it - i plan to contact KS - as I wont ever go back to said shop...
    just wish someone would make one of these that works as advertised with NO issues -

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Got an email from them this morning telling me that the parts they're waitng is coming in next week from Taiwan. Hope it's true cause 4 weeks ago they've emailed me and told me my post will be shipped by the end of the week, hope they're not just saying it so I don't have to bug them.

mtbr member
    And yet another week go by.....

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Finally, finally after 7 long weeks it finally came last night, hope they fix it really good this time, tired of sending it back to them. Hope you get yours soon TahoeBC.

mtbr member
    Mine showed up today, hope it lasts more than two months this time, cause this was a major bummer. I just regret believing there lies of when it would ship and bought another post and quick release sooner, lost several weeks of not riding my new bike and now snow has closed down the high country.

GMM
    mtbr member
    Yikes, wish I had seen this thread last week. Just ordered a KS lev but was thinking of getting a Reverb. I know they alll have problems, but I hear most shops can service the Reverb.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Goog Luck GMM hope you got a better post than we did. I just used my old post didn't lose any riding time just the hassle of stopping put the post down and up.

mtbr member
    Can anyone tell me where the stupid serial number is for this? My lev just started sinking and I need to send it back. The on-line RA form needs a serial number but for the life of me, I can find it. It is not on the box. Do I have to remove the post first to find it?
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    You have to pull out the whole post and it's half way down the bottom. If I were you call them first if they have the parts cause what happened to me it took them 7 weeks before I got it back telling me that they don't have the parts and it's coming from Taiwan.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast