mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Kenda Saber Pro 29x2.60 tire?

Came across this tire but zero info. to be found :

Kenda Tires | Bicycle | Saber Pro Bike Tires | Find a Tire | Kenda Tires

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    The description is interesting.
    If it is high volume it could go on a 40mm inner rim for a big footprint on hardpack and be fast rolling.
    Low pressure under 15 front.
    Kenda Saber Pro 29x2.60 tire?-41m9u7xpqel._sr600-315_piwhitestrip-bottomleft-0-35_pistarratingfour-bottomleft-360-6_sr600-315.jpg

This is the tread pattern at 2.0.
    Last edited by eb1888; 1 Week Ago at 04:37 AM.

I am Walt
    Man, thatís a promising looking tire for a 2.6 front. The two questions I would have are what about the sidewall protection, and what will it actually measure at? But off the top, sounds great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ride more; post less...

mtbr member
    Would love to get some of those. Great tread for a fast rolling desert tire.
    Hopefully it will be durable as well.
    If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains,
    you're lucky enough.

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by azjonboy View Post
    Would love to get some of those. Great tread for a fast rolling desert tire.
    Hopefully it will be durable as well.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Ride more; post less...

mtbr member
    I've been running the Nobby Nic 2.6 on Flow MK3 for a couple months. Nice volume, but they are taller than what I like and leaning hard in corners is a little disconcerting. This is at 16 front, 18 rear.

This Kendra has me thinking of the old WTB WW 2.55 that I ran for years. That tire did everything well in AZ
    you're lucky enough.

I am Walt
    I've been running the Nobby Nic 2.6 on Flow MK3 for a couple months. Nice volume, but they are taller than what I like and leaning hard in corners is a little disconcerting. This is at 16 front, 18 rear.

This Kendra has me thinking of the old WTB WW 2.55 that I ran for years. That tire did everything well in AZ
    I'd also be running it on my "non-plus" Flow MK3 wheelset (i29mm). Tried a Rekon 2.6, and though while a nice volume and durable, it's too draggy for me, and you have to lean it too much while cornering. Switched to an Ardent 2.4, and while lighter and less draggy, it's a similar profile to the Rekon, and has to be leaned over in corners (looks and measures narrow, also). Switched back to a 2.35 Ikon, which is a rounder profile, and it is awesome (and measures out wider than the Ardent).

This Kenda looks to be a rounder profile, in a lighter, faster tire, and should perform similar to the Ikon. Sign me up...

Of course, Maxxis could just make a 2.6 Ikon, and I'd be good to go...
    Ride more; post less...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    According to Kenda it won't be available until possibly late spring

Student of the Bike
    Man, I loved that WWLT tire! I ended up buying all the back stock I could find when they stopped producing them. I still have 2-3 of them.

I've since moved to a 29+ platform with i45 rims and thus. I'm currently running Chupas and have been pleased with them. However, I'm looking for a smaller width race-only tire for a new set of wheels that I'm going to be ordering. This Kenda looks very promising (and resemble the WWLT quite a bit). Good find!

Later,
    CJB

mtbr member
    CBaron - if you want to part ways with those WWLT let me know
    you're lucky enough.

Student of the Bike
    Yeah, I almost hesitated to state that I still have some. I knew (know) how coveted they are. I'm waiting to see what they look like when mounted to an i39 rim before I make some decisions. If you are really serious, send me a PM so that I can keep it "on file". It won't be any time soon.

I had worked in the industry for years and when the WWLT was discontinued, I'd considered trying to reach out to that factory (and possibly WTB) to see if it would be possible to get the mold fired back up again under a generic name. I know that Walt(works) in conjunction with a backer, has successfully brought a modern 36'er tire to market this way.

Later,
    CJB