mtbr member

Issues setting up new Reba with Hayes Stroker and 180mm disc.

Just put a new Reba on my Inbred and I'm having some issues around the setup with my existing parts. Hayes Stroker with 180mm disc is causing some issues with the caliper rubbing against the disc. I'm using a shimano adapter for the spacing but there isn't quite enough sideways movement in the caliper itself to centre it on the disc. Was thinking I may need to file out the lateral adjustment holes of the calipers unless someone can give me advice on something I else I may be doing wrong.

Incidently, the reason for the shimano adapter is because the dude who supplies Hayes stuff here wanted $50 for one and couldn't guarantee it would actually be the right one. The shimano one is ok but had to use some washers for a bit of extra spacing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    The actual caliper casting is rubbing on the disk? Or the pads are dragging?
    The adapter shouldn't make much difference - you sure it's facing the correct way?

mtbr member
    Sorry, I should have been more specific. With the washers giving me the extra spacing the caliper itself is ok, it is the actual pad dragging on the disc. It isn't alot but my pads are half worn and if I put a new set on it's going to be even worse. Was wondering if anyone alse had similar issues.