mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Info: Hope Hoops Pro2 Evo Flow Ex ship with 20mm not 15mm converter! Grrr@wiggle.com

Despite ordering 99% of my stuff from Chainreaction, I ordered some Hope Hoops Pro2 Evo 29er wheels with Flow Ex rims from Wiggle.com/co.uk last week as I was having some issues with my stock Bontrager wheelset.

To start, Wiggle messed up my order, and despite me paying for 'Next Day' delivery, they took 4 days to arrive. (They did refund me the shipping on this after much arguing, with them blaming me for their delay).

Cut to today, after I finished work, I set about installing the wheelset for my commute home. I removed the back wheel, changed over disk rotors, changed over tires (which were a pain to seat), got to the front wheel and did the same. After swapping everything over, I added the 15mm thruaxle adapters (as per the wiggle.com website description) that were in the box - to find that the wheel won't fit. After much trying to get it to work (thinking it was my error) and swearing, I check Chainreaction and Hope's site, to find that the Flow Ex ships with a 20mm adapter, not 15mm GRRRRR

To add insult to injury, Wiggle doesn't even sell the correct adaptor - only 9mm QR and 20mm.

As I am in Switzerland, it is too far to return the wheels (shipping would be a fortune), so I have had to order the 15mm adapters for 50CHF from CRC, wiping out the original cost saving by going to Wiggle. /sigh. As they have no phone number (/sigh again) I have emailed them a stern letter of complaint... waiting to see their reply.

However the main point of this post - ppl, if you order Flow EX, heads up on the 20mm not 15mm adapter being in the box!!
    2014 Trek Fuel Ex 5 29er
    2014 Trek X-Caliber 5
    2012 Trek Cronus Pro

mtbr member
    Yeah.. I had the same problem. I bought the 15MM adapters locally and Wiggle credited me the full local cost including the shipping.

mtbr member
    Despite the headache, you'll love the wheels. I had my LBS build me up this set at the same price as online.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    @pablobell - many thanks for the info - interesting that I am not the only one, yet they don't change the website. I'm waiting to find out their response, hopefully this morning.

@Bigb2000 - That encourages as I only hear good things about them - they are a nice step form my old ones too, so can't wait to feel the difference on the trail. Although, the wait is already getting to me! Wish I had a good LBS near me, the only ones I have are excellent, but very boutique.
    2014 Trek Fuel Ex 5 29er
    2014 Trek X-Caliber 5
    2012 Trek Cronus Pro

mtbr member
    merlincycles.com has the adapters and are in the UK.

Nor­wegr
    My flows came with 15mm adapters and 9mm qr from cyclessportuk.