mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Hutchinson Cobra 29x2.25 Tubeless Hardskin?

Anyone ride 'em? How ya like 'em? Just installed them on Flows tonight and won't have time to try 'em till tomorrow. I'm wondering how they are on hardpack as that's what I mostly ride.

It was a last minute decision as the Geax Saguaro TNT's I had bought couple weeks ago just didn't want to go on the Flows and it was just a PITA to try to mount it. Saguaros are nice but just not worth the aggravation. The Cobras went on in less than 10mins.
    Civilian Young Turk 29er

I don't huck.
    Jun 2005
    By the way...TNT Saguaros will fit Stan's rims for 2013...Geax relaxed the bead specs a bit.
    Blog Ramblings
    West Coast writer for twentynineinches.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I have them on my bike and I like them. I only got a couple rides in before the leaves fell but they performed great on hard dry trails.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mtroy View Post
    By the way...TNT Saguaros will fit Stan's rims for 2013...Geax relaxed the bead specs a bit.
    I must've bought an older version. There was no way I was getting mine on without a tire iron for cars. Even when I was using them tubed on WTB wheels they were a pita to mount but not as bad as on the Flows. Great tires but the mounting hassle is a turnoff. Might try converting the regular folding version Saguaros next time after I wear out the Cobras.

Quote Originally Posted by cbd5600 View Post
    I have them on my bike and I like them. I only got a couple rides in before the leaves fell but they performed great on hard dry trails.
    Great to hear! Unfortunately the weather in unfavorable today so looks like I will have to wait.
    Civilian Young Turk 29er

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Hutchinson Cobra 29x2.25 Tubeless Hardskin

Easy tubeless mounting on stock Giant wheel. No issues, roll well on the hardpack and running them on the rear @ 28psi. The tire has held up good in the rocky stuff too.and provides good traction and have the Toro 2.3 on be front.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Thanks. Just rode 'em today and they are awesome tires! Rolls fast, relatively light, and grippy. I can't complain.
    Civilian Young Turk 29er

Cassoulet forever !
    just be sure to get them with the new RR coumpound.
    Frenchspeaking 29"ers community site http://VingtNeuf.org