mtbr member

How much difference

I know, another one of these decide for me threads, sorry ahead of time. Debating between a Tower Pro 100mm/20mm axle and the reba rlt 100/15mm. Only thing is the reba is $100 or so more, dual air instead of air/spring, and comes with remote lockout. Is it worth putting down the extra money for the Reba? What are they like in terms of adjustability or durability compared with eachother. Both are well reviewed I just don't know enough to make an educated decision. I had hoped for a black 120mm option in the price range but I haven't come across it.

For reference I ride in the southern appalachians, western NC in particular, so lots of rocks and roots and wet.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Here's a vid of the Manitou running in your area. The second is a review with slow commentary. The shims make it completely tune-able.
    .San Lee Parks - Free Fall - YouTube!
    Manitou Tower Pro Review - 29er fork test - YouTube

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus044 View Post
    I know, another one of these decide for me threads, sorry ahead of time. Debating between a Tower Pro 100mm/20mm axle and the reba rlt 100/15mm. Only thing is the reba is $100 or so more, dual air instead of air/spring, and comes with remote lockout. Is it worth putting down the extra money for the Reba? What are they like in terms of adjustability or durability compared with eachother. Both are well reviewed I just don't know enough to make an educated decision. I had hoped for a black 120mm option in the price range but I haven't come across it.

For reference I ride in the southern appalachians, western NC in particular, so lots of rocks and roots and wet.
    I just traded to the Manitou Tower Pro from a Reba.. it's WAY better.. the 20mm axle is stiffer, and in my case it actually lost weight (no brake adaptors, lighter axle adaptors on hub, fork weight included axle where QR doesn't)
    Dual AIr is kinda a pain, really can't get the lower air chamber set precisely as the placement of the air in is soo tight it's hard to unscrew quickly or evenly. On the other hand the spring swap on the Tower is rather easy (just did a manual and vid on it) thou you need some basic mechanical knowledge. Also Manitou is much more customer friendly if service/Warr issues happen.

I wouldn't think twice about it.. get the Tower Pro...
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    awesome thanks for the reply. always nice to hear the cheaper option is the one to go with hehe

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Anyone know if there is a difference between 2012 Tower Pro and 2013 Tower Pro ?
    Selma Ti.