Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

How come nobody makes a....

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Stumpjumper61 
#1 ·
29er mud tire? Is there a law that 29ers are not allowed to ride in mud? I am talking about large knobs on an open pattern with no grooves cut into the knobs.

#11 ·
I live in very muddy upstate NY. Mud tires a nightmare anywhere BUT mud, IMO. Example: you come up out if the mud onto rocky surface, you will have zero traction. This is a problem with any tire, but IME worst with far apart knob spacing on mud tire. You're better off with some sort of all around tire IMO. I'm a fan of the Kenda Nevegal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Thanks for all the reply's. I tried the Kenda Nevgal and found the tread held on to the mud too much. I think the more "grippy" the rubber the less it sheds the mud. I found the chili compound in the Conti's does a great job of not letting the mud stick. Of course nothing is perfect. As for Specialized tires I have found they have a serious lack of quality control. You need to buy three to find one that spins without a hump. The most interesting one of the the bunch looks to me like the WTB Moto. Will give that a try..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.