unrooted

HOPE Stans wheels from Wiggle-how long???

How long did it take you to get them?

I ordered the Arch's on July 4, I Emailed Wiggle and they said that they haven't heard from Hope on these yet.

I'm thinking about canceling it and ordering a crest front and flow rear through Merlin cycles, who has these wheels in stock.

beater

I and two of my friends have ordered wheels and other gear from Wiggle. Less than a week from the UK to Montana in every case.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Looks like Wiggle's price on that wheelset has gone up about $50, so if you can wait it out you get a great deal.

unrooted
    Crest front flow rear = $350 from Merlin.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    still 'Awaiting Processing' from Wiggle on my order placed on July 2 for a Hope Hoops Pro2 Evo MTB Wheelset Black ZTR Arch EX - 29er.

Getting frustrated! I also ordered the DT RWS axle converions for these hubs, so I don't want to cancel and have to return the other parts I already have. I will wait it out a bit longer to see what happens.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I also ordered early July when it said delivery in 3 days. Sent a snotty email after being told it would be early August which is disappointing. It's still not been processed on their site.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Re: HOPE Stans wheels from Wiggle-how long???

Quote Originally Posted by unrooted View Post
    Crest front flow rear = $350 from Merlin.
    This, except I did flow ex front and rear (probably overkill for my size).

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    still waiting, order placed on July 2..

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Hate to hear you guys are having trouble with wiggle shipping. Ordered my hope hoops on a Friday. They showed up to my home (Arizona) the next Thursday. Less than a week coming from the uk is definitely acceptable in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Ordering from the UK, and Wiggle is sometimes hit or miss. I've ordered stuff from them that got to me quicker than if I'd ordered from Jenson or somebody stateside, and then some orders I've had have taken three weeks or a month to arrive. Still love Wiggle though.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    ordered from chain reaction, stans arch 650b front wheel, got it in 4 days. Was going to get it from the LBS, but they said at least a week.

unrooted
    I ended up ordering a set of crests for my wife, which ill ride till I get the arch's from wiggle. I bought the crests from merlincycles.c om, straight pull rear, regular spoke front (only because that's what they had in stock).

Took 1 week.

Wiggle is blaming hope for the delay.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    My Arch ex wheels arrived on Friday from Wiggle. It only took them a month!

MTB B'dos
    I think the issue here is that they were stocking the Crest 29er wheels because, well, Europe is behind the times in terms of 29ers, but they got enough requests for Flows and Arch that they have them listed, but don't keep in stock and instead get them from Hope once they're ordered and probably wait a week or so to make the order worthwhile. Curious if Merlin does free shipping to the US? If not the price isn't that great as shipping will add at least $50 to the price, but I guess if you get them almost right away and need them that's better.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Shipping was free to the US when I ordered from Merlin.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I ended up ordering a set of crests for my wife, which ill ride till I get the arch's from wiggle. I bought the crests from merlincycles.c om, straight pull rear, regular spoke front (only because that's what they had in stock).

Took 1 week.

Understandable. Wiggle doesn't actually have these wheels in stock, they get orders, and pass them on to Hope. I'd guess that since Hope's right there, this goes for any Hope products they sell also.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonL View Post
    Hate to hear you guys are having trouble with wiggle shipping. Ordered my hope hoops on a Friday. They showed up to my home (Arizona) the next Thursday. Less than a week coming from the uk is definitely acceptable in my book.
    Did you order a set with the Arch EX rims? I think that may be the delay here with some orders..

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Did you get your wheelset yet? I am coming up on 2 months wait and have no updates from Wiggle on an ETA..

unrooted
    No wheels yet. Ordered on 4 July.

Anyone ordered from cyclesportsuk? They have flows for $375.

Carbon & Ti rule
    7 days for mine all the way to New Zealand.

No wheels yet. Ordered on 4 July.
    Raising money, my friend broke his neck Mtbing, Please Share link. http://givealittle.co.nz/cause/elliottkeys/donations

mtbr member
    Ordered mine, Hope/flow ex front and rear, from merlincycles for $354 with free shipping. took 1 week to get to my door. Note, no stan's rim tape or rear skewer.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I got a pair of Hope/ArchEX from CyclesportUK about two months ago. Shipping to St. Louis, MO from the UK took 6 Days. I did get a $19.something customs Fee from UPS but still cheaper than anyone in the US

unrooted
    I emailed Wiggle again, now they are saying sometime in September...

MTB B'dos
    Dude, I'd most definitely cancel the order with Wiggle who have clearly dropped the ball on this and place your order elsewhere with a shop who will get you a set of wheels in a reasonable time frame.
    I emailed Wiggle again, now they are saying sometime in September...
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

unrooted
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Dude, I'd most definitely cancel the order with Wiggle who have clearly dropped the ball on this and place your order elsewhere with a shop who will get you a set of wheels in a reasonable time frame.

I would like to, but if I can get them for that price then it is a LOT cheaper than anywhere else. Right now I'm riding a pair of Crests that I bought for my wife, but I paid a bit more for them. The rear is straight pull though. Hopefully I don't jack them, I weigh 195 lbs and I ride agressive XC. I haven't jacked a wheel in 12 or more years though. I wonder if I should go with the flows though, I am building a Transition Trans am, which I'm hoping will allow me to do more agressive riding!

Carbon & Ti rule
    Hi

I got some Flow EX off wiggle & they were less than a week to New Zealand.

I also got a couple of sets of Arch EX's & they took almost a month.

I have brought a bit of stuff of them & sometimes it just takes longer, contact them & find out what the deal is.

Some times it is there fault but sometimes it's just the freight company, I haven't had anything not turn up from them yet.

Hang in there.

I would like to, but if I can get them for that price then it is a LOT cheaper than anywhere else. Right now I'm riding a pair of Crests that I bought for my wife, but I paid a bit more for them. The rear is straight pull though. Hopefully I don't jack them, I weigh 195 lbs and I ride agressive XC. I haven't jacked a wheel in 12 or more years though. I wonder if I should go with the flows though, I am building a Transition Trans am, which I'm hoping will allow me to do more agressive riding!
    Raising money, my friend broke his neck Mtbing, Please Share link. http://givealittle.co.nz/cause/elliottkeys/donations

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I would not be surprised if Hope were having supply issues with Stans rims. I know of other places struggling to get hold of them, I think it's just a tempory thing.

Also I would imagine Hope will build in batches so maybe there is a little time lag as they get round to building the next batch, hence delays.

I have just offered some Flow EX 650b hope hoops and should have the, very early next week.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Progress.. My order placed on July 2 was just charged to my credit card. Hopefully they are on the way!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Me too. I ordered mine with Arch Ex rims on the 28th of July and have just been charged. A bonus really because I was charged the original price and since then the Aussie dollar has dropped like a stone!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I did cancel the order from wiggle after more than 1 month of wait and got the wheels shipped from cyclesport in about 10 days ( still longer than the advertised 2 days ). (arch ex, black hubs)

unrooted
    They tried to charge my card yesterday, but my CC thought it was fraudulent! I ended canceling it and ordered flows with straight pull for $398 (compared to $382 for arch).

I bought the new wheels from Merlincycles, the same as where I bought my wife's crest wheels. Should take a week.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    MY wheels arrived today. 5 Days from being charged to arriving at my work in Tasmania

mtbr member
    They tried to charge my card yesterday, but my CC thought it was fraudulent! I ended canceling it and ordered flows with straight pull for $398 (compared to $382 for arch).

I bought the new wheels from Merlincycles, the same as where I bought my wife's crest wheels. Should take a week.
    Where are you finding hope/arch ex's for $382?? Merlin has them at almost $500 for the set as far as I can tell...

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 8iking VIIking View Post
    Where are you finding hope/arch ex's for $382?? Merlin has them at almost $500 for the set as far as I can tell...
    Same here??

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    This is the quote from my invoice from cyclesport:
    1 x Hope Hoops Pro2 Evo 29er Arch Ex Wheelset = $375.70
    Black
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sub-Total: $375.70
    International Shipping (by Country) (Shipping to US : ): $0.00
    Total: $375.70

I just checked out now that is 453.16 US$ right now... they might have update the prices after the demand

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 8iking VIIking View Post
    Wiggle | Hope Hoops Pro2 Evo MTB Wheelset | Performance Wheels

Still $398 USD here. when I bought, I found a code, can't remember it now, but it took another few % off. price was $382 after code. Expect months of waiting like we did since this is out of stock though.

unrooted
    I bought the straight pull flows through merlincycles for $398 last week.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Ordered a set of Flow EX 29's laced to a Hope Pro 2 Evo hub (blue) from CycleSportUK
    on the 4th for $387. They shipped on the 10th and i received them on the 12th in the US.

The box was damaged on the rear wheel side where there was a hole the size of the freewheel body in the side of the box. Thankfully there was no damage but i wish they would put an extra layer of cardboard in the box to prevent this. Or maybe a plastic cap around the hub.

Anyways.. overall it was a good transaction.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by hedz0r View Post
    Ordered a set of Flow EX 29's laced to a Hope Pro 2 Evo hub (blue) from CycleSportUK
    on the 4th for $387. They shipped on the 10th and i received them on the 12th in the US.

The box was damaged on the rear wheel side where there was a hole the size of the freewheel body in the side of the box. Thankfully there was no damage but i wish they would put an extra layer of cardboard in the box to prevent this. Or maybe a plastic cap around the hub.

Anyways.. overall it was a good transaction.
    How long was it between when you ordered and when they shipped?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    As my post stated Ordered on the 4th. Shipped on the 10th. Received on the 12th.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by hedz0r View Post
    As my post stated Ordered on the 4th. Shipped on the 10th. Received on the 12th.
    Ah, my bad. Somehow I overlooked the "ordered on the 4th"

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4