Thread: hope pro 2 evo?

mtbr member

hope pro 2 evo?

hello all i am fairly new to the forums. i don't really post often but find alot of good info here. but long story short i wrecked my trek wahoo on Friday, bent my rear wheel pretty bad and figured this is is the perfect time to upgrade. im a little confused with the specs on this hub. i know that the wahoo is a standard 135qr setup but when i read the specs on this hub its making me believe that it is not compatible. Hope Pro 2 EVO 135mm QR Rear Disc Hub from BikeBling.com
    any help will be much appreciated.

Zaf
    mtbr member
    Even if it's not compatible when you buy it, the Hope Pro 2 Evo's have a million and one conversion kits, which replace end caps and the axle, so that you can get it to fit ANY bike you so desire.
    Also, search around, I just bought an entire set of wheels, Hope Pro 2 Evo's laced to Stans Flow EX rims for less than $400, if you're spending $225 on the hub alone, I can only advise that you're about to make a regrettable purchase.

Wiggle | Hope Pro 2 Evo MTB Rear Wheel Axle Conversion Kit | Hub Spares - That should help my first point.
    Wiggle | Hope Hoops Pro2 Evo MTB Wheelset | Performance Wheels - That covers the second

Only draw back is you can't choose colours. But black goes with everything, and I don't have the money to be making colour choices on a hub that costs the same as an entire wheel.

mtbr member
    thanks for the heads up. i was actually looking at the stans flow rims, but i want to run the sun ringle mtx 33's. all the reviews that i read say they are really sturdy so thats why im goin that route.

turtles make me hot
    Flows are plenty sturdy also. You'll be fine.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

hope pro 2 evo?

Good hub if you get it cheap from Wiggle UK all laced up to Stan's. It is pretty loud.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    It is pretty loud.
    I was hoping the V.2 model was quieter. While I like the quality of the build, the sound of the original hubs were annoyingly loud (for me).
    C-DALE FLASH 29 Carbon 2 (19.6 lbs)
    C-DALE BB1

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Ive had these for about a year now riding lots of DH laps and trail and have been fine. I have a mavic 721 rear. I am about to swap it out for a Flow EX. You will be more than fine for a Flow EX. Downhill racers use them. Once again, for $40 extra, it would be silly not to get them off wiggle.

wiggle.com | Hope Hoops Pro2 Evo MTB Rear Wheel | MTB Wheels

Zaf
    mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    It is pretty loud.
    It's like the Stuka siren of the bike world.

unrooted
    For $245 including shipping you can get just the rear from Merlincycles and they are in stock so you won't have to wait a month. Last week I bought a Easton Haven handlebar and XT Trail pedals on Wednesday and had them on Friday, to california, which doesn't seem possible. I ordered a set of Arches on the 4th of july and still haven't heard from Wiggle, but I did recieve the cassette that I ordered at the same time.

Unfortunately Merlin doesn't have the hope & flow front in stock, but the rear is!

Hope Hoops - Rear - Pro2 Evo - 29er | Factory Mountain Bike Wheels | Merlin Cycles

addicted to chunk
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-bar View Post
    I was hoping the V.2 model was quieter. While I like the quality of the build, the sound of the original hubs were annoyingly loud (for me).
    Open them up and put some medium weight grease like Pedros in it.....will be quiet all season. I've used it summer & winter no ill effects.
    Riding.....

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Open them up and put some medium weight grease like Pedros in it.....will be quiet all season. I've used it summer & winter no ill effects.
    yup.. don't need much.. little it on the pawls and springs and a dab or 2 on the outer ratchet teeth and it'll be much quieter..
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!

Re: hope pro 2 evo?

What's the difference between the flow and the crest?

turtles make me hot
    Quote Originally Posted by GelatiCruiser View Post
    What's the difference between the flow and the crest?
    The Flow is wider and stronger than the Crest.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    i got the hope 2 15 for now. and will eventually get the rear. thanks for all you guys help.