mtbr member

Hope Dirtrag is right about Syntace 40mm rims

I read about the new Syntace wheelsets some time back. The website lists a 35mm wide rim coming in 29. However, Dirtrag is claiming that Syntace will be offering a 40mm rim as well:

Interbike Dispatch: Syntace wheels, pedals, low '29er' stem | Dirt Rag Magazine

mtbr member
    What???? Somebody is going to neg rep me for putting up a link? A link about a potentially cool wheelset? And the comment you place on your negrep is: "What's a hope Dirtrag?". I really don't give two rats about the rep button, but don't just run around neg repping people for no reason. To whomever did this, please have the cajones to explain yourself or just ignore me in the future. Apparently I pissed you off in another forum or something.

mtbr member
    Totally ridiculous.

Anyhow, possible they did not know DIrtrag was a magazine?
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Huh...whats rep....should I be looking at rep power or just reading interesting posts

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauldotcom View Post
    Totally ridiculous.

Anyhow, possible they did not know DIrtrag was a magazine?
    If she/he didn't know Dirtrag, the person would have by simply clicking on the link. Oh well. I guess I have to remember there are also tweenagers using these boards, so I should be more patient. I would have been neg rep happy when I was fourteen too.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestatevirgin View Post
    I read about the new Syntace wheelsets some time back. The website lists a 35mm wide rim coming in 29. However, Dirtrag is claiming that Syntace will be offering a 40mm rim as well:

Interbike Dispatch: Syntace wheels, pedals, low '29er' stem | Dirt Rag Magazine
    Unfortunately, Dirtrag got it wrong (to lazy to check Syntace website, I guess). Only W30 and W35 will be available in 29er form.
    W25 and W40 only for 26.

beater
    Still, if I remember correctly (I'm also being too lazy to research), didn't they announce these rims last year only as part of a complete wheel package? Being able to get the rim on its own adds a nice option for wider rims.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

Just Ride
    What???? Somebody is going to neg rep me for putting up a link? A link about a potentially cool wheelset? And the comment you place on your negrep is: "What's a hope Dirtrag?". I really don't give two rats about the rep button, but don't just run around neg repping people for no reason. To whomever did this, please have the cajones to explain yourself or just ignore me in the future. Apparently I pissed you off in another forum or something.
    Welcome to mtbr. Tis the way around here it would seem.
    SS ==> Nut up or Shut up!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojos Azules View Post
    Unfortunately, Dirtrag got it wrong (to lazy to check Syntace website, I guess). Only W30 and W35 will be available in 29er form.
    W25 and W40 only for 26.
    I was afraid DRag had gotten it wrong. My only hope was that maybe Syntace decided to add a 40mm option later and word was getting out at Interbike. Oh well, they do look like nice wheelsets.

Another poster mentioned in this thread that the rim won't be sold individually. I heard the same thing. Let's hope that changes in the future too.

mtbr member
    Hey, thanks to all who have countered with some positive rep. The neg-rep has been more than made up for, so please save your kindess for other posters who actually take the time to create cool posts.

You know, I actually don't mind the rep button. If people are being jerks, they deserve to be dissed. And I enjoy a good argument, so I don't mind a little back and forth in a thread. I just don't like cowardice.