mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Help me choose: Pace RC29 or Reba

I have been offered two used forks for my first 29er build. The first is a nearly brand new carbon Pace RC29 100mm, second is a Rock Shox Reba that "is a few years old but in good shape. Older, light grey model". I believe it is a 2010 model but waiting to confirm that.

Price isn't that different on them. I like the bling and the new condition on the Pace, but the RS has been around the block and has a good reputation.

I weigh ~165lbs.
    This bike will be for everything from bike paths to relatively technical single track... Nothing crazy. Will also see some time hopping curbs as an occasional city commuter, but will not be locked up outside.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by segmenthunter View Post
    If they are both used then I might recommend the Reba. With the only condition that it is cheaper to rebuild and send back to the factory for repairs. Plus your local bike shop is more adept to carry the seals and oils when the fluid flush needs to happen. On the flip side, the Pace is pretty sweet.
    Well that's what makes it tricky... The Pace is near new with only a few rides on it. The RS is used.

I'm waffling. A buddy works at a shop and can help me do any service the forks need and can order me most stuff at wholesale so not too worried about that....