mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Help! 2011 Niner Jet 9 needs new fork and wheelset....suggestions?

Hey y'all,
    Bought a 2011 Jet 9 but the Fox fork has stanchion wear and needs replacement (per LBS). It works seemingly fine right now but would rather not suffer a mechanical failure. So, I'm in need of suggestions of a fork that is both reasonable in price and performance.
    Current wheelset is Velocity Blunt but they have been hammered on. So looking to replace with a wheelset that is durable, tubeless and on the lighter side.
    Just looking for some beta to get me started in my research.
    Thanks!!

Carbon & Ti rule
    The best place to start is with how much you weigh & what you want to do with the bike & how much money you have to spend.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    See what it takes to rebuild the fork. If you want a new fork and want something other than a fox, I've been very happy with my Reba. I've owned several fox forks and I honestly like the Reba RL better. A SID would be nice, but meh.
    Hope hubs laced to arches is a nice setup. Depends on your budget. You can spend 200 or you can spend 2k on wheels.
    Livin' the dream.

mtbr member
    I have a 2011 Rip with a reba which works just fine. I have had fox forks also which I never had issues with either. Second the hope/arch set-up. So many good wheelsets out there at different price points. With winter coming should be some decent sales around.

mtbr member
    Hard to beat a set of stans rims- pretty much bomb-proof and wih the hope pro2 hubs you should be able to pick up a set in the 400-500 range. Pick the stans that matches your weight.
    Single Track Rules!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Thanks for the reply muzzanic
    I weigh 175 lbs. I ride mostly New England single track, very slick, very bumpy, technical...I don't hit downhills hard or do drops really (on purpose anyway).
    price point I am unsure of..thats why I'm starting some research now...so that I can save up and hopefully grab a new fork and wheelset over the winter.
    You think I should get the fork first?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I am thinking about going with a Reba actually, I have one on my Spec Stumpy hardtail that I've thought of stealing and making that bike rigid.
    I think my Reba is an SL....do you know what the difference is?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Any beta on where to pick up winter sales online?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    thanks for the reply, I've been recommended those several times now so I'll have to start to search around for some deals.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by NH-matt View Post
    Thanks for the reply muzzanic
    I weigh 175 lbs. I ride mostly New England single track, very slick, very bumpy, technical...I don't hit downhills hard or do drops really (on purpose anyway).
    price point I am unsure of..thats why I'm starting some research now...so that I can save up and hopefully grab a new fork and wheelset over the winter.
    You think I should get the fork first?
    Wiggle sell hope hoops for a very good price.

I would go with the Arch EX version, The hope hubs work well, Engagement isn't that fast but at that price point.

If you were going to spend quite a bit more, The Industry Nine Trail 32 are a very good wheel & the Hub engagement at 3deg is super quick.

With fork I would go for 1 of the new X Fusion 34 forks.