mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Headset Upgrade for '11 Karakoram 2.0

Hi All,

Just wanted to know what brand/model headset anyone here recommends (or know that will fit) for my 2011 Karakoram 2.0. I'm planning to go with a carbon rigid fork set up (because it came with such a great fork... ) so might as well upgrade the headset!

Thanks!

ballbuster
    Meh, headsets don't make you faster.

Cane Creek C2 or S2, or something like that works fine, and should last you next to forever. And, If you so manage to cook the bearings, you can them for $15.

Just Ride!
    The stock FSA should be fine if it was not over-tightened or run loose. But if you must replace it, I agree with pimpbot. I have been running a Cane Creek since '02.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I've never bought a headset that cost over $35 and my bike has never failed to turn. Sealed bearings are prefered.
    Small ring in front makes it easier. Small ring in back makes it harder. That blows my mind.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I've run Cane Creek S3's for most of my bikes and they've worked great. I've got a couple of King's now, but I don't turn any faster.

mtbr member
    It runs a standard Zero Stack...if you actually need a new one then you can't beat this one for the price.

Cane Creek ZS-3 Zero Stack Headset at Price Point

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Cane Creek.

Quality product made in my state. Plus, the way King defended their lesser design right up until the slit-ring patent expired rubbed me the wrong way.

mtbr member
    Cane Creek ftw. been running a zero stack, it's buttah!