Deere Rider

Haven 29 Tubeless Ready Tires

Haven 29 wheels. What tubeless ready tires form a solid "lock" on these rims? WTB rims should be a similar fit as I believe they have a UST spec bead seat also.

I am using Schwalbe HD and NN but the bead fit is too sloppy for my preference. It was very hard to get aired up and gives little burps at the pressures I would like to run.

Tires that would work would be ones that are almost too tight to mount on Stans rims, I assume.

Tubeless Ready beads are a must...no standard bead tires. Also, a reinforced sidewall (Snakeskin, etc...) is preferred. If I could find tires identical to the HD and NN but with a bead that was a tighter fit on the Easton rims, I would be a happy camper.

From my research, Geax appears to be a contender. What about Maxxis or Specialized or Continental?

Any others?

I tried a search and found bits and pieces but no consolidated list.

Thanks for any assistance.

mtbr member
    You might try some Hutchinson Pythons, they have a tight fit and low rolling resistance.

Deere Rider
    Thanks for the suggestion. I was just wondering about Hutchinson's tubeless ready tires. I will look into that a bit more.

mtbr member

Re: Haven 29 Tubeless Ready Tires

I had a pair of 26" carbons with a wtb wolverine and could not get the tire off whenbit was time to replace. Finally gave up and cut the tire off. Weirwolves fit tight too.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I am planing to get Haven 29 Carbon for my future Enduro 29. I will put Specialized Butcher Control on the front wheel and Purgatory UST on the rear. I've been running the same combo in 26 inch for couple years and it works very well on Easton Havoc UST wheels. I still might surrender to weight weenie inside me and use Purgatory Control for rear instead of Grid (UST) version - but hopefully not