mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Handlebar Mounting - Sram XX1 Shifter / Shimano XTR Race Brake / Rockshox Remote

Looking for suggestions / tips on the best way to effectively mount a Shimano XTR Race Brake lever, Sram XX1 trigger shift pod and a Rockshox hydraulic remote lockout on the right side of my handlebar. My last drivetrain / brake combo was all Sram so I used their matchmaker system but this is no longer an option. I heard Problem Solvers had come out with a solution but I don't believe it works with the latest version of the XTR Race Brake lever. I'm a bit concerned on how to ergonomically get this set up in an efficient manner. Pictures / suggestions welcomed.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    You can still hang the shifter off the hydraulic lock out with a new-style matchmaker. The only question is whether to mount the remote clamp inboard or outboard of the brake lever. I am assuming you have the lock out mount that goes above the handlebar. The other option is to run the remote on the left side of the bar, since you are using XX1.