Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

GT Sensor ALL TERRA

9K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  texancyclist 
#1 ·
Anyone have problems with their ALL TERRA AT17 wheelset? I was riding down a trail today on my GT Sensor 9r and my rear wheel warpped so bad that the chain got stuck and the rear wheel will hardly move even with the chain dislodged.

I won't be riding for at least two weeks. The Fox Flux really came to the rescue, so did my Camelbak that asbord some of the fall. I've had my GT Sensor 9r for about three months, prior it was Diamondback 29er. I do mostly urban riding, beach trails (I enjoy the view and its a good 20mi run), and parks.

I going to follow-up with GT on Monday. I am somewhat worried about putting the ALL Terra back on, as a result I have two questions.

Is anyone else rolling ALL Terra AT17hp and what is your experience?

Solid upgrade options that your rolling on your 29er?

Thanks! I don't think my back could handle another fall for a while and I don't like the taste of dirt.

#2 ·
I've got a 2012 Sensor 9r and swapped those wheels pretty quick. Those wheels and the Maxis Aspens are the only weak links on the bike for trail riding IMO. However 3 of my friends have the same bike with the All Terra 17s, all weigh in the 160 - 190 range, ride trails including rocks and getting a little bit of air, and have had no problems.

I got Flow Exs ($420 on Ebay) with big tires for trail riding. The AT17s were much to narrow to work well with 2.35 tires, and the wheel and tire upgrade made a day and night difference on rough terrain. However for the type of riding you are doing, I don't see why the All Terra wheels wouldn't work just fine, unless your urban riding includes drops or tricks. I'm guessing that maybe you just got a bad wheel build. I'd let GT replace the rim and carefully give it another try.

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.