mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Good price on Rockshox Reba RL 29" ?

My 2012 Anthem X4 came with a Rockshox Recon Silver TK. The fork is ok. I had a Reba SL on my old Fuji Tahoe SL and it was definitely a nicer fork.

Rock Shox Reba RL Solo Air - PushLoc - 29" Tapered 2013 | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com

I have a 9mm QR setup and a tapered steerer (1.5 to 1.125). The bike is setup now with 100 mm of travel. I notice the fork above is 80mm of travel. I do not want to change the front end geometry of the bike at all. I really like how it is currently setup.

Bob

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    There should be a 100mm version there too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    This is a solo air dumbed down fork. You won't find it compares with the one you rode. Get a 2012 dual air off ebay or a Manitou Tower Pro. Maybe the bladder tech and solo air of the new Pike will show up in the Reba/SID someday. Until then I'd skip RS.

mtbr member
    This is what I just picked up for $399 free shipping:

Fox 32 F29 RL Oe Fork > Components > Forks > Suspension Forks | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

Fox 100RL
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

some know me as mongo
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eb1888 View Post
    This is a solo air dumbed down fork. You won't find it compares with the one you rode. Get a 2012 dual air off ebay or a Manitou Tower Pro. Maybe the bladder tech and solo air of the new Pike will show up in the Reba/SID someday. Until then I'd skip RS.
    I find this really surprising that people are so caught up on the dual-air VS solo air thing. Yes the dual air is more adjustable but I have ridden both extensively and I can tell you that a properly setup dual-air fork feels almost identical to a properly setup solo-air fork (solo-air being slightly better). I have own a first gen reba, a 2011 dual air SID (the updated chassis), 2 lyrik (both solo air), a pike first gen, and I currently own a 2013 reba RLT. I can tell you have Rockshox has worked hard on setup up the air spring in the solo-air system. It is supply but also still at bit firm out of the saddle, meaning that it doesn't blow through it travel.

As for the fork you are looking at you can convert it to 10mm at travel as well but you will need to buy a new air rod Assembly which is not that cheap.
    27.2 miles ridden (going to be a slow start because of work )

1868.3 miles ridden in 2013

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauldotcom View Post
    This is what I just picked up for $399 free shipping:
    Fox 100RL
    That fork needs maintenance every 25 hours. I would check the oil level before using as some have shipped without the correct amount.

Tech Tuesday - Fox Lower Leg Removal And Service - Pinkbike

mtbr member
    Agree. I actually like the simplicity of a single air chamber
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    You can be real simple and go ridgid.
    You can give up small bumps compliance tuneability for simplicity if you like to ride like that.
    Bash away.
    With the dual air you choose. Different riders get different rides.
    Last edited by eb1888; 07-05-2013 at 12:29 PM.

mtbr member
    Every 25 hours ? lol... Funny.

I still remember reading an article in some MTB magazine about how often every component needs to be serviced. Good stuff (sarcastic)....

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauldotcom View Post
    Every 25 hours ? lol... Funny.
    Be proactive---
    Or you can just wait till the black gunk of oily dirt gets past the foam ring out unto the stanchions. Change it pretty quick then. No need for new seals that's the way they work.