Thread: Fox CTD 2013

mtbr member
    Jul 2014

Fox CTD 2013

Hello there,

I bought a Cube LTD SL 29 2013 bike this year, I am very satisfied with it, it is a pleasure to ride with. I was totally satisfied with the fork, too, however, I read some bad thing here about the 2013 model. I feel sometimes that my Fox is wallowing in the middle (in the travel zone) when I'm riding. The posters in every thread mentioned that Fox would solve this problem for 40$-$60 shipping included. How does it work?

How does it work? Nothing detailed was mentioned. Is there a complete overall solution anyway? Or should I increase the air pressure? My main problem is that when I'm riding the fork cannot utilize its 100m travel because it is at least 2cm minus if I am sitting on my bike.

Regards,
    Gary

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Is the 2cm just sag if that is waht it is that is a good thing.

I have a 2013 F29 FIT CTD, I havent had the probelm if anything i think it is too stiff in the trail mode so only really use full open and climb.

Might be more specific with your problem desciption and some folks on here can offer some setup adivce. I have had 3 differnet F29 forks (still have 2) compared to others some things I have noticed and helped me, all might not agree:

- Lower air pressure is fine on this fork I run 8-10 lower than waht I run on my pushed F29 FIT (before CTD)
    - Rebound seems harder to get right I had to keep playing with it for a long time I think it is becasue I kept going off feel between trail and descend mode, just set and forget with descend mode
    - Low speed compression is just not great and i just dont worry about it

Other than been a good fork but I might send it off to foix for new dampoer and somepoint anyway.
    XC, Road, XXC, Endurance, Mtn, All-Mtn, Cross, Gravel, just go have fun on 2 wheels!

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    The rebound is fine at my side, I have just problems with the sag. How much time does it take to repair my fork and how much money does it cost exactly?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I would call Fox directly or call an aftermarket company like PUSH

(I have used PUSh as have many others always seem to get great results, but I dont what they are doing with the latest CTD stuff there was a big thread on it over in the suspension forum but if I remember applied to the 36 damper versions)
    XC, Road, XXC, Endurance, Mtn, All-Mtn, Cross, Gravel, just go have fun on 2 wheels!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by G a r y View Post
    Hello there,

I bought a Cube LTD SL 29 2013 bike this year, I am very satisfied with it, it is a pleasure to ride with. I was totally satisfied with the fork, too, however, I read some bad thing here about the 2013 model. I feel sometimes that my Fox is wallowing in the middle (in the travel zone) when I'm riding. The posters in every thread mentioned that Fox would solve this problem for 40$-$60 shipping included. How does it work?

How does it work? Nothing detailed was mentioned. Is there a complete overall solution anyway? Or should I increase the air pressure? My main problem is that when I'm riding the fork cannot utilize its 100m travel because it is at least 2cm minus if I am sitting on my bike.

Regards,
    Gary
    "a pleasure to ride with..??." we are still discussing your Cube ditty, are we not?
    2014 Nail Trail 29er

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    @time229er
    What do you mean by ditty? Sorry, I'm not a native speaker of English.

I googled for PUSH it seems that they are in Europe. It is better for me considering shipping costs. Do you know how much they charge about for a CTD repair? On their site I tried to start booking, however, I don't find my exact type of fork Float 29 in the selection menu.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Push Industries - Home they are in US.

I dont see a specfic F29 CTD option you will need to contact them somehow to verify they work on that fork. Maybe email. I would alos guess there is similar european companies.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    How did you set your sag?
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    The main complaint was that all 3 CTD modes felt the same. The modification they make is swapping to the 2014 fork internals. You can buy them yourself or send fork to have them perform the work. Call Fox for more info and see if this will address the issue you're having.
    Transition Klunker
    Santa Cruz Highball SS
    Canfield Yelli Screamy
    Yeti SB95

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Push does a fox CTD tune, I had them do my front and rear suspension on my norco revolver over the winter. I believe I just selected the fox fit tune, as they suggested, and left that it was a CTD in the comments. I'm sure they would have figured it out when they got it. They're pretty responsive to emails.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kickhorse View Post
    The main complaint was that all 3 CTD modes felt the same. The modification they make is swapping to the 2014 fork internals. You can buy them yourself or send fork to have them perform the work. Call Fox for more info and see if this will address the issue you're having.
    Could you give me a link where to buy it?

Otherwise the CTD is working for me. At my side the problem is not that big others mentioned here. Is it possible that I got a good CTD fork? It's quite plush for me, I just feel that my old Manitou Tower Pro' steerer seemed longer when I'm riding the bike so I suppose the sag is too big of my Fox. I increased air pressure from 5 bar to 5.5 but this way the fork is not that plush.

I never use climb mode on the mountains because I like little suspension upwards, too. I might decrease the air pressure to 4 bar and I will use Trail mode as my default and when the terrain is not so tough I'd switch to descend mode.

kabouterclan member
    Jun 2006
    Mountain Bike Suspension Servicing, Repair and Parts - TF Tuned in the UK does Push tuning for Europe.

Tip: if your fork is due for service, you can get it Pushed for a relatively small upcharge.
    Sent from my HAL 9000