I'm intersted in the 2014 Specialized Enduro 29er that has two fork options:
1. the new Fox 34 Float 29 CTD 150mm
2. the new Fox 34 Talas 29 CTD 120-150mm
My current ride is a Trek Rumblefish, 120mm fork, no TALAS, no CTD
My first (and favourite) choice is the Float, but I have a couple of questions for TALAS 110-140mm and Float 140 owners.
I hope the answers would help me figure out whether I need the TALAS 120-150mm or maybe I can go with my favourite choice and get the Float 150, since I really HATE dealing with the fork features during my rides.
So, here's my questions:
1. Do you use the TALAS all the time? dropping it to a 110mm on every steep climb and opening it to full 140mm travel on the downhills?
2. Is it possible to climb steep climbs relatively well with the Float 140 or the TALAS opened to it's 140mm travel? Does anyone put the TALAS on the 140mm mode and just leaves it there?
3. Do you use the CTD feature all the time during tour rides? turning it to descent mode before you go downhill? turning to climb mode before you go uphill? is it possible to leave the CTD on one mode and still go downhill, uphill and flat terrain quite good?
Results 1 to 4 of 4