mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Fox 32 Float 29 100 FIT CTD fork?

Hi guys,

I'll go very probably for big wheels next year and I'm working on my project... on paper for now. The bike will be a carbon hardtail.

So, I'd like to have some reviews about the Fox32 29 100 CTD fork presented like their 2013 model but already on the market.

I found some press reviews but users opinions would be great.. Thanks.

I like bikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scalfred View Post
    Hi guys,

I'll go very probably for big wheels next year and I'm working on my project... on paper for now. The bike will be a carbon hardtail.

So, I'd like to have some reviews about the Fox32 29 100 CTD fork presented like their 2013 model but already on the market.

I found some press reviews but users opinions would be great.. Thanks.
    I'll go very probably for big wheels next year and I'm working on my project
    HUH? Not sure what that all means..??

As far as the Fork Review. My Uncle has a Fox Float. He loves it, BUT he has had seal issue's with it. After he stuck in Enduro seals he has no more issue's. Great fork, but overpriced IMO. Not to say all forks aren't, but Fox especially.
    If money is not to compromise your build, fo with the Talas.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I know this thread is old, but if your looking for a fox float I have a brand new 2013 float 32 29er 100 15qr 1.5 taper for sale.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Threads old but, Fox CTD and Rockshox Sid XX are within $30 or so of eachother....

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    is it still for sale?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Hey man, even though the thread is old and the OP could be long gone, I will post my review for future reference. Note: I am back on a bike after a 9 year hiatus. My DB Overdrive pro is my first29ner, first with disk breaks and first fox fork. I am like a kid in a candy store.

That being said, my review will mimmick the only other few I have found online about the fork. It feels awesome but regardless of how much air I put in her (I'm 190 with gear, running around 95psi), she eats through the entire travel way to easily on bigger hits than I feel like it should. That is my only gripe. I get the pressure feeling good for the other 90% of the ride in the trail mode and then take a small jump and feel her struggle. It doesnt seem progressive enough. That's the only way that I can explain it.

I haven't ridden the SID obviously, but I would do some serious research before dropping that kind of coin. I got a screaming deal on this bike so it was a non issue for me.

mtbr member
    I was about to purchase a 2012 Nail Trail that comes with a Fox 32 Float Evolution, and it also had a seal problem when I test rode it, they had to send it back to Fox. I am still shopping for a bike

mtbr member
    I bought a 2012 Diamondback Sortie 2 last fall (great year-end deal!). It came with a 32 Float CTD 120 fork that has shown no signs of leaking in the six months that I've had it. I'm just getting into drops and jumps, and at 140 psi, the fork has never bottomed out. Mine has been flawless.