Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Which fork to use?!

3K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  TheFunkMasta 
#1 ·
Greetings! The new guy is here!
I'm building my new Ti 29er and right now I can't decide which fork to use.
There are 2 things I need from a fork: high reliability and low maintenance, other things are not relevant.
I have an aggressive riding style and my last carbon frame didn't make it, so now I want a very reliable bike.

Right now I'm deciding between:
DT Swiss XMM 120 29 2013
and
Rock Shox SID XX Solo Air - 29" 2013

I actually never used any of them and might be looking into the wrong direction, which is why I need an advice.
The price is not an issue here, I'm willing to buy anything that fits high reliability and low maintenance rules.

Oh and btw I had some very bad experience with Fox forks, so I'm guessing I'll never buy any of them again.

Thanks in advance!

See less See more
#4 ·
Is it Suntour Epicon?

How'd you end up deciding between those two?
One of my friends has the DT Swiss fork. He gets it service once a year and has no problems at all.

As for Rock Shox I just heard the guy at the bike service talking about it, how reliable it is.

Well, I'm not a pro at choosing bike gear, which is why I'm open for any suggestions.

#11 · (Edited)
SR Nick, do you know what's the offset on your 29er 100mm forks (in mm)?

Pretty cool use of the steerer for that control unit and the electronic lockout, I have to say. $950 is a really steep price. Would have to know more about it before I think about spending that amount of cash.

#21 ·
Get one of the new X-fusion Trace forks when they come out in April. 34mm stanchions, one-piece unicrown, tapered, 15mm axle..... aren't going to get much more burly than that... and the price is lower than your two choices. You also get remote lockout with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.