mtbr member
    Mar 2004

ENVE TWENTY9 AM rims

Has anyone rolled the new Enve Twenty9 AM rims tubeless? Are the ones just released by ENVE this November different from the olders around? I'm looking for tubeless setup reports and tires used. I already know they are stiffer than my Crests, I want to know if they go tubeless just as easy.
    RIDE ON,
    Scotto

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The new Enve rims are UST so they're designed for tubeless. They come with gorilla tape and valve stems. Tubeless is a breeze. Got mine to seat with a floor pump.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    What tires did you use? I've been liking my IKON's and pretty much any Maxxis tire. They just set up tubeless really easy.
    RIDE ON,
    Scotto

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotto View Post
    What tires did you use? I've been liking my IKON's and pretty much any Maxxis tire. They just set up tubeless really easy.
    Racing Ralph's for me

New to the Nicolai Clan
    You need to be a bit careful here, the IKONs are not tubeless ready (unless a new model has come out) and are not recommended on UST based rims. They do seem to work fine on Stans based rims.

The RaRa are designed around a UST based rim and will work fine.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    any updates here? any new real world experience on tires that work well with the new Enve AM wheels?

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnessgeek View Post
    any updates here? any new real world experience on tires that work well with the new Enve AM wheels?
    The rims are UST spec, meaning tires with UST spec beads will work best.

Other stuff works (TLR, 2Bliss, etc...) but anything other than UST is more of a class B fit. In other words, is your dental insurance paid?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post

Other stuff works (TLR, 2Bliss, etc...) but anything other than UST is more of a class B fit. In other words, is your dental insurance paid?
    Are both the Enve XC and AM 29er wheels UST spec or is the AM just tubeless compatible? It may just be semantics, but I want to make sure I understand. Mikesee, I value your opinion...what tires would you put on the new Enve AM wheels for an all around trail bike (new Sultan)? I would rather the tires never burp and definitely not fall off the rim. I'm thinking something around 2.25-2.4 width. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Momentus View Post
    You need to be a bit careful here, the IKONs are not tubeless ready (unless a new model has come out) and are not recommended on UST based rims. They do seem to work fine on Stans based rims.

The RaRa are designed around a UST based rim and will work fine.
    Not to stray off-topic, but I run the Maxxis Ikon Exo on my Shimano UST wheelset and have had no problems with it.

mtbr member
    There's some info in this thread: 29er XC Carbon Race Wheels Lightest Yet

I suppose you could also do a search using: enve+ust+rims in the search box, and you might get a hit or two.

Has anyone rolled the new Enve Twenty9 AM rims tubeless? Are the ones just released by ENVE this November different from the olders around? I'm looking for tubeless setup reports and tires used. I already know they are stiffer than my Crests, I want to know if they go tubeless just as easy.
    Hey everybody, ride my wheels! They ride good, real good.
    I'm a wheel builder. SRLPE Wheel Works. Send me a PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 4slomo View Post
    There's some info in this thread: 29er XC Carbon Race Wheels Lightest Yet

I suppose you could also do a search using: enve+ust+rims in the search box.
    I've read all the threads I can find and now understand all the standards a bit better, but I'm looking for real world experience on what exact tires in the 2.25-2.4" range mount up with just a pump on the new Enve AM tubeless wheels. Most of the info is about the XC wheels.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post

From what I can tell UST and ETRTO tubless bead interfaces are the same.

mtbr member
    Most of the info is about the XC UST rims, because those have been out longer. I think I recall that the ENVE AM UST rims were just released last Nov/Dec. I think I've read about some people having no problem mounting up tires, and others having to add tape layer(s) to adjust the rim diameter to their tire bead seat diameter. As others have commented, UST tires are most likely to have the best fit.

Quote Originally Posted by fitnessgeek View Post
    I've read all the threads I can find and now understand all the standards a bit better, but I'm looking for real world experience on what exact tires in the 2.25-2.4" range mount up with just a pump on the new Enve AM tubeless wheels. Most of the info is about the XC wheels.
    Hey everybody, ride my wheels! They ride good, real good.
    I'm a wheel builder. SRLPE Wheel Works. Send me a PM.