mtbr member
    Mar 2014

Diamondback Overdrive - Options For Road Tire

I have been reading for a while now trying to find an answer to a question I have, so I decided to join after not being able to find one. I am new to MTB riding and recently purchased a Diamondback Overdrive. I have a few trails by me, but many more paved trails. I usually do a 50/50 of time spent on each trail, but wanted some suggestions for different road tires to use on my bike. I would really like to buy a cheap set of complete wheels that have the street tires installed, but not sure what will fit with my disk brakes. Or would it be smarter to just buy another bike? Another option would be to swap the tires out each time, but I am not sure which street tire sizes I need and not sure if this will be the most efficient since I spend half of my time on each trial. That will be a lot of swapping! Any help and specs of what I should be looking for will be very helpful! Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Changing tires will suck. Changing wheels sucks less but cost more. Just get a tire with low rolling resistance and deal with it. I have a bike that I ride 15 miles to the trails and it has Maxxis Adent 2.2 ardent and ikon. Never felt too slow on it

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Just look for some race XC tires. They will make you fast! They are race tires!

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Thanks for the input everyone. I ended up just picking up a second bike for the paved trails.