bay area CA

deity compound platform pedals

got these for my scale 950. been on two rides with them so far and they are quality. they have awesome surface area, grip like hell and spin very smooth. a definite value pick at 50 bucks. these are quality pedals for the money.

the pedals dont use a wrench, but a hex key on the backside of the spindle to pull them off the crank arms. the pins are replaceable, and the platform has a nice solid but light weight feel to them.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Sorry to revive a dead topic, but I've gotta question about these things I couldn't find an answer to.
    Everybody talks about how survivable the pedals are after rock strikes, but I'm more concerned about their ability to either slide or absorb the impact, as opposed to transferring it into my foot, and/or the bike
    I've had a bunch of metal platforms, with my latest being the Azonic Flat Iron due to them being UBER thin.
    Unfortunately for me, I get more rock strikes on these things than I have on ANY other pedal I've owned. I haven't measured or compared their width(length?), but the majority of my strikes hit the pedals on the outside 10%, although I've bashed **** into the bush housing(the bump on the inside)as well.
    I'm getting tired of doing Mach 3(I use 'em on a DH bike), and all of a sudden either my foot gets ejected up into my face, or I'm thrown side-freaking-ways.
    I read a review on Jenson IIRC, where dude wrote that the Deity Compounds actually SLIDE off rocks, as opposed to metal, which grabs 'em. I'll buy into that theory/(hopefully) reality, as being a retired motorcycle road racer I know how easily plastic knee pucks slide across the pavement, as opposed to anything metal on bikes grabbing asphalt, and twisting/torquing the piece(or bike) into a twisted pile because of it.
    So for those with a lot of experience with the Deity Compounds, is contact with rocks a night and day difference between them and metal platforms? I don't care what they look like after they've struck said rocks, as I'm solely a 'function' dude, and couldn't care less about 'form'. I'd rather spend $$ on pedals that sacrifice themselves to keeping me headed in the proper direction, as opposed to transferring the force into my foot or the bike, and either putting me on my head, or causing me to swap ends.
    T.I.A

Dianetics Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by YoKev View Post
    Sorry to revive a dead topic, but I've gotta question about these things I couldn't find an answer to.
    Everybody talks about how survivable the pedals are after rock strikes, but I'm more concerned about their ability to either slide or absorb the impact, as opposed to transferring it into my foot, and/or the bike
    I've had a bunch of metal platforms, with my latest being the Azonic Flat Iron due to them being UBER thin.
    Unfortunately for me, I get more rock strikes on these things than I have on ANY other pedal I've owned. I haven't measured or compared their width(length?), but the majority of my strikes hit the pedals on the outside 10%, although I've bashed **** into the bush housing(the bump on the inside)as well.
    I'm getting tired of doing Mach 3(I use 'em on a DH bike), and all of a sudden either my foot gets ejected up into my face, or I'm thrown side-freaking-ways.
    I read a review on Jenson IIRC, where dude wrote that the Deity Compounds actually SLIDE off rocks, as opposed to metal, which grabs 'em. I'll buy into that theory/(hopefully) reality, as being a retired motorcycle road racer I know how easily plastic knee pucks slide across the pavement, as opposed to anything metal on bikes grabbing asphalt, and twisting/torquing the piece(or bike) into a twisted pile because of it.
    So for those with a lot of experience with the Deity Compounds, is contact with rocks a night and day difference between them and metal platforms? I don't care what they look like after they've struck said rocks, as I'm solely a 'function' dude, and couldn't care less about 'form'. I'd rather spend $$ on pedals that sacrifice themselves to keeping me headed in the proper direction, as opposed to transferring the force into my foot or the bike, and either putting me on my head, or causing me to swap ends.
    T.I.A
    I ran the compounds for about a year and in my experience they do handle impacts better. It's not night and day like you said but I felt it was noticeable. It's just less harsh upon impact, not quite as loud and jarring and seems to transfer less vibration to your feet. Couple that with the price and ease and low cost of replacement pins it's a no brainer. I'd still be running them if my hike wasn't stolen....will likely go back to them when my current set wears out.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I have actually thought about swapping my Decoys for the compounds. Decoys shed pins like no tomorrow, even with locktite.

Compounds are super durable, and rebuildable. They are very much NOT disposable cheapos.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CBizzie View Post
    I ran the compounds for about a year and in my experience they do handle impacts better. It's not night and day like you said but I felt it was noticeable. It's just less harsh upon impact, not quite as loud and jarring and seems to transfer less vibration to your feet. Couple that with the price and ease and low cost of replacement pins it's a no brainer. I'd still be running them if my hike wasn't stolen....will likely go back to them when my current set wears out.
    Thanks man!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    i have been using the $50 Deity compunds for about 2 months now. i haven't had any strikes with them and no rollovers either. so far they have been great. i don't have any issues with absorbing or traction on drops or jumps. only thing I noticed is that I have to tighten the pins regulalrly, like it is a good idea to check after every long ride.

fantastic pedal, and for the money would be very hard to beat.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Ordered a set for my DH bike.
    As I said, all things equal(they bite into my shoes-which are fricken five tens, so they should), all I need 'em to do, is do a [much] better yob than my Azonic Flat Irons at dealing with pedal strikes. You wouldn't think an 11mm thick pedal would be such a fuggin rock magnet, but mine are, and they make me pay for it every single freaking time.
    I appreciate the feedback, and here's to plastic!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

deity compound platform pedals

Keep in mind that these are not as grippy as the aluminum versions such as the forte converts. They're light, thin and cheap - but need a few more pins.