mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Currently: WTB ST I19 TCS

I'm looking to upgrade my wheelset soon. i'm currently running WTB ST I19 TCS tubeless xt hubs with crossmark 2.1. which models of stans wheelset would WTB ST I19 TCS can compare too? would it worth the money to upgrade to Arch ex with hope 2 evo? considering it will be a little lighter? either that or LB with novatec hubs.

basicly i need more information on WTB ST I19 TCS, if it will be a big different if i upgrade to arch ex with hope pro 2.
    thank you

the mountian is within
    Nov 2004
    Hub yes....rim no. if you use tubeless ready tires the WTB has some of the best performance. Weight wise they are a small bit more than a Crest-but a lot stiffer. Go to an I23 WTB if you change wheels-get it professional built-with the Hope-that would be real solid. Use the XT/I19 for a back-up or just put some narrow tires for gravel and the road.
    i own a bikeshop in WV thetruewheelwv.com

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by 29buzz View Post
    Hub yes....rim no. if you use tubeless ready tires the WTB has some of the best performance. Weight wise they are a small bit more than a Crest-but a lot stiffer. Go to an I23 WTB if you change wheels-get it professional built-with the Hope-that would be real solid. Use the XT/I19 for a back-up or just put some narrow tires for gravel and the road.
    Agreed. Also the WTB Frequency models are lighter than the ST line. You can go to the wider Frequency i23 with little or no weight gain over the current rims.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Hi There!
    I have the same wheels, also tubeless. My LBS which is very honest I think, told me unless I was willing to spend $800+ it wouldn't be worth it to upgrade. I'm assuming that if they weren't willing to take say $700 off of me they should be right.
    NTFTC

Quote Originally Posted by thegweed View Post
    I have the same wheels, also tubeless. My LBS which is very honest I think, told me unless I was willing to spend $800+ it wouldn't be worth it to upgrade. I'm assuming that if they weren't willing to take say $700 off of me they should be right.
    Pretty much correct. The differences are going to be minor, even with that $800+ wheelset.
    mtbtires.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Thank you for the input Shiggy.

I'm guessing you a big fan of WTB over Stans. So do you think it will be a big upgrade if i were to upgrade to LB with Novatec hubs? i'm really trying to upgrade to lighter wheelset.

Quote Originally Posted by dbigfot111 View Post
    Thank you for the input Shiggy.

I'm guessing you a big fan of WTB over Stans. So do you think it will be a big upgrade if i were to upgrade to LB with Novatec hubs? i'm really trying to upgrade to lighter wheelset.
    Not really.
    mtbtires.com