Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Crashed my bike - replace bent parts? advice please!

819 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  eb1888 
#1 ·
Hi

Last weekend I had a bad fall - hit a wet wooden bridge and slid on my side for a few meters on tarmac :nono: - too much wind in my tires! - lesson learnt I guess! Pictures of the bridge and my wounds can be found on my Google+ page!

So, I've stripped my bike down Ghost SE 2930 and put together all the damaged parts..

First off my Derailleur Hanger was bent - new one ordered, that was easy to identify!

My 44T Chain Ring is bent and I would like to replace it with something a little more tougher - I currently have Alivio default Cranksets! - Although on a budget I need help choosing a replacement 44T Chain Ring or a complete Crankset! My Bottom Bracket is a Shimano BBES-25 - Can I just add the following Chain Ring - Here ? or would it make more sense to replace the whole crank set?

I'm currently using a Shimano FC-M430, which is cheap in relation to others on the market. Any recommendations from this site here would be greatly appreciated!

I've also thought of replacing the Crankset, Cassette, Rear Derailleur and Shifters for 2 x 10 Speed - but again I have no clue what I'm looking for and if certain items are compatible!

Any help advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you again

Martin

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.