mtbr member
    Aug 2006

counterfeit RaceFace?

Not specifically 29 ,(didn'tknow where to place it) but I've been reading threads here about counterfeit Ritchey carbon stuff here and wanted to chime in about Race Face stuff as well. I have no idea why I did it,not my style at all, but I bought some handlebars from "alibooboo" for ubercheap(shipped). A bit worried, Y'all encountered fake RaceFace too?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Alot of the stuff from alibaba are knock off products. If the price seems too good to be true, then it usually is. They are actually pretty up front about this stuff. If you talk with them on the live chat they will let you know if its genuine or not (at least the people I have communicated with told me the truth).

max_29
    i asked a seller about one of those and the answer was: "It is high imitation handlebar ."

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    why bother when you can get OE stuff from Jenson that has a warranty, and Jenson's backing for roughly the same price. Heck There was a Raceface Evolve bar marked down at performance yesterday for $45.

Do yourself a favor and look around and support people who give half of a rats ass about supporting you in return

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I have racefake's 700mm on my 29er and they work great. I knew they were fake...and at 18 dollars shipped its the best bar I could get and it happens to be carbon and its actually really well made.
    2014 650b SC Blur TR - 2013 Chiner CF 29er - 1988 Schwinn Prologue - 1994 Univega Alpina 5.5

transmitter~receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by glenndandy View Post
    I bought some handlebars from "alibooboo" for ubercheap(shipped).
    It's fake.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Bars are the one thing I wont buy from one of those vendors. YMMV, but I like my teeth.
    Last edited by 92gli; 04-10-2015 at 06:22 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Alibaba is a perfect example of exactly what is wrong with our economy today. Everyone wants the best price, regardless of their own safety or integrity.

Cheap China junk.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    A friend bought a really cheap FSA carbon bar from China. He thought it looked like a good bar until it broke right at the clamping portion beside the stem. He ended up with a broken collar bone plus a very bruised body.

The three parts of a bike that I will never ever compromise with quality are the handlebar, stem and fork -- in that order.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    Alibaba is a perfect example of exactly what is wrong with our economy today. Everyone wants the best price, regardless of their own safety or integrity.

Cheap China junk.
    This ↑↑↑↑↑↑

And then when the bars break and all his teeth get knocked out he is looking for someone to sue.

Like the lady in Oregon who sued a MTB race organizer when she got hurt trying to clear an obstacle. Pathetic.