Looks like a nice lightweight option for 29er race tire. Thoughts?? They are cheaper than the RaRa im running now, but Im a little worried about sidewall strength at such a low weight. Tread looks good though for a front.
Clement Adds First 29er Mountain Bike Tire, Shows Prototype Cyclocross Tread - Bike Rumor
Yup, tread looks good!
Originally Posted by spec4life
I would worry about volume, because I doubt they are truly 2.1" wide. If you are running 2.1 RR's, the difference might not be that big.
Hard to see, but it seems quite low volume:
Also curious if anyone has any time on these? How do the sidewalls feel? Super thin or no?
Another check to see if anyone is running these...love my PDX tires
I use these primarily as a gravel tire since what we have is large and chunky in my region.
• Low rolling resistance with the ramped center knob
• Knob spacing offers predictable corner characteristics
• Rounded profile offers good float over deep gravel sections
• Reasonable weight for quick acceleration and maintained momentum
• Very noticeable vertical and horizontal run out in one of the tires
• Unable to seat bead in a tubeless configuration
I am around the 500 mile mark on them so far running them at 35 psi on gravel and 25psi on singletrack.
So these are no good tubeless???
Also Ryan Trebon int he picture is HUGE! So that might make the tire look skinny!