Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38788485868788
Results 8,701 to 8,706 of 8706
    mjw
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Rager View Post
    On my Carbon fan rims, I couldn't see the angle until I put a close fitting drill into the nipple hole itself, then it was obvious. The clearance holes in the rim bed were all in line and did not reflect the angled nipple holes.
    At least they were inline. Nextie used to do offset rim's with spokes offset and then the holes on the other side centerline. Took quite a bit of explaining for them to change it.
    • 2015 Kona Explosif Ti
    • 2015 Kona Process 111
    • 2018 Canfield Riot

mtbr member
    The Carbon Fan rims I got were also offset. The holes in the rim bed were appropriately offset too, just not staggered to reflect the nipple hole angles, as they would be if drilled in a single operation with the nipple holes, which, I believe, is the typical method. I figured they drilled the rim bed holes first and then followed up doing the angled nipple hole and seats.
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    For those looking for a bargain, BTLOS has a 15% off coupon (IND15)for the next couple of days.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by wayold View Post
    For those looking for a bargain, BTLOS has a 15% off coupon (IND15)for the next couple of days.
    Total cost with that coupon works out the same as Yishun, EIE, and a number of other makes.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by alexdi View Post
    Total cost with that coupon works out the same as Yishun, EIE, and a number of other makes.
    You're looking at the premium series which has a 3.5 year warranty vs 1 year for EIE.

mjw
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by givemefive View Post
    You're looking at the premium series which has a 3.5 year warranty vs 1 year for EIE.
    The BTLOS rims are great. I've been absolutely flogging my 36mm Premium rims, jumps, large drops, rocks and roots, and they haven't wavered. I've also laced a set for a guy who rides fast/hard on a small travel bike, and is 270lbs with gear. He has so far managed to absoluely destroy a dt350 rear hub, but the wheels were still perfectly true. Relaxed the wheel for him, good to go. He has had them since February.

Lily at BTLOS is pretty great to deal with, they provide excellent support. Which is why I use them when people want more affordable carbon wheel builds.
    • 2015 Kona Explosif Ti
    • 2015 Kona Process 111
    • 2018 Canfield Riot

Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38788485868788

Members who have read this thread: 795