Page 247 of 267 FirstFirst ... 147 197 237 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 257 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,175 of 6653
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I have no idea - good question; just assumed they always kept stock full and the shipping caused the wait. Thanks for pointing that out - I'll contact them and see.

Certifiably Crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by KGAmoto View Post
    How quickly are people getting their LB orders? I'm pulling the trigger shortly after weighing a bunch of options, but of course not pumped about waiting 4+ weeks to get them.
    I put in my order and was told:
    "The lead time is around 15 business days and it usually takes 4~7 days for delivery."
    So figure three weeks if I'm lucky.
    2013 Felt Edict Nine

mtbr member
    Took 4 weeks from order to delivery. That seems pretty reasonable for a custom built product getting shipped from China.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mdc
    mtbr member
    I put an order in the last week of June (35mm hookless, Novatec hubs, blue nipples)- and they took about 3 weeks to arrive.

All I can say about my experience with LB, is that they provided great customer service, and the finished product is pretty damn nice. No regrets whatsoever....

Certifiably Crazy
    Is anyone using the stans rubber rim straps, or should I stick to the yellow tape?
    2013 Felt Edict Nine

mdc
    mtbr member
    I used Guerilla tape cut wide enough to cover the spoke holes ( cheap and bombproof), but yellow tape would work fine as well. The tires inflated easy and the bead snapped into place no problem..

mtbr member
    Can someone give me the link to LB?
    Money doesn't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that is pretty close.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

mtbr member
    Thank you hillharman!
    Money doesn't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that is pretty close.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carloswithac View Post
    Is anyone using the stans rubber rim straps, or should I stick to the yellow tape?
    Not a definitive answer, but I tried the Stan's rubber strips. Was trying to setup a set of Schwalbe Sammy Slicks (700x35c) tubeless on Enve Twenty9 XC wheels but despite use of an air compressor, was unable to get a sufficient bead seat and the tires would leak down very quickly. ALternatley, 3 layers of the Orange Seal tubeless tape and some Cafe Latex and the combination has been pretty solid.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Stans tape one layer on my 30mm external wide 29er rims works perfect. I don't know why anyone would use anything else. It's light and last very long, it's perfect for all rims!!

transmitter~receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by dgw7000 View Post
    I don't know why anyone would use anything else.
    I use 3M 8898 tensilized polypropylene tape because it is the same tape at a fraction of the cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Finished building up my set of 35/30 rims. DT Swiss Comp Spokes, Alu nips, 350 hubs, 15mm 6 bolt and 12x142 6 bolt. Setup with one wrap of 24mm Stans tape, was able to seat easily with a floor pump. Weighed in at 1780grams with tape and valves.

First ride on them on my Santa Cruz TBLTc and noticed a couple things vs my Stans Arch EXs. They feel like they spin up a little faster on the uphill since they are a tad lighter. Most noticeable thing is how stiff they are, holy ****. They like to track straight over whatever you point them towards. Weigh in at 180, running 20 psi front 22 rear, grip was better with the wider footprint. Felt like I might need to decrease the pressure in my fork by a bit to smoothen things out up front since they are so stiff. Overall pretty impressed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    I use 3M 8898 tensilized polypropylene tape because it is the same tape at a fraction of the cost.
    Nice. So something like Scotch Film Strapping Tape 8896 Blue, 24 mm x 55 m

transmitter~receiver

(Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?

Quote Originally Posted by ms6073 View Post
    The description and picture look right, but the 8896 doesn't match. According to Scotch's website 8896 is a different tape that may or may not work well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I've used the 8898 3M tape on 27mm hookless without issue. It's not the same thing as Stan's tape, though. It's noticeably thinner, easier to stretch, and it can turn into a stringy mess when removing. For the price difference it's probably worth it, but I've seen a lot of posts indicating it's the same as Stan's, and that's not been my experience.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenDragoon View Post
    Same specs and weight as LB rims.... Hmmmmmmm......
    Are Iplay and LB the same rims?
    2012 Cannondale Supersix Evo 2 /// 2000 Ritchey Swiss Cross

mtbr member
    Possibly a dumb question, but I haven't paid as much attention to the carbon rim offerings since I bought some LB hoops.....is there a "lower" cost 40mm 29er carbon rim available from LB or similar company?

I'm thinking of an upgrade for my Krampus and want something wider than 35mm for my 3" tires.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsmith View Post
    Are Iplay and LB the same rims?
    LB tells you no. Sure seems like there is 1-2 plants making all of these and everyone (iplay, LB, Nextie... etc) are all just selling them.

Hell, the Roval Control Carbon 29 and Roval Fattie's sure look like all of the others!
    '14 Bronson C
    '12 Tallboy A (for sale)
    '13 DB Mason 29er/650b+
    '13 SC Juliana 650b'd (wife's)

Crash Dummy In Training
    Quote Originally Posted by hokiebrett View Post

Hell, the Roval Control Carbon 29 and Roval Fattie's sure look like all of the others!
    When I took my LB bead less hook less 27 mm rims to be built at the LBS..
    I put them next to the Roval's me or the builder couldn't tell the difference.
    ​​
    2012 Stump Jumper Comp 29'er H.T.
    1997 Rock Hopper / Manitou TI Bulge Fork / Shimano STX-3 x 7 P.O.S.​

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JTrue View Post
    Finished building up my set of 35/30 rims. DT Swiss Comp Spokes, Alu nips, 350 hubs, 15mm 6 bolt and 12x142 6 bolt. Setup with one wrap of 24mm Stans tape, was able to seat easily with a floor pump. Weighed in at 1780grams with tape and valves.

First ride on them on my Santa Cruz TBLTc and noticed a couple things vs my Stans Arch EXs. They feel like they spin up a little faster on the uphill since they are a tad lighter. Most noticeable thing is how stiff they are, holy ****. They like to track straight over whatever you point them towards. Weigh in at 180, running 20 psi front 22 rear, grip was better with the wider footprint. Felt like I might need to decrease the pressure in my fork by a bit to smoothen things out up front since they are so stiff. Overall pretty impressed.
    I have had the same experience! And cornering the difference is really noticeable. I am really enjoying my LB rims.. I built them up with I9 hubs dt spokes and brass nipples. I am on a TBLTc also!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy17 View Post
    I have had the same experience! And cornering the difference is really noticeable. I am really enjoying my LB rims.. I built them up with I9 hubs dt spokes and brass nipples. I am on a TBLTc also!
    Nice, yeah haven't gotten to rail any berms yet, but they feel like I'll be able to ride through with more speed and confidence. It's pretty loose right now in Utah... Btw, running 2.4 Ardent Exo front, 2.2 Ikon Exo TR rear.

mtbr member
    No pics yet, as it's not letting me upload from my phone...

Decided to learn something tonight... How to lace wheels, that is.

Got my 12x142 BHS MTB270 and American Classic 15thru laced up to my Light Bicycle hookless 27mm XC 29er wheels. Went with the standard (read: boring) 32h/3x lacing to keep it simple and classy. Silver spokes and silver brass nipples for a little shine, with matte/UD rims.

669g front, 830g rear... Not bad for a 22mm (internal rim width) wheelset! That's 3mm wider and 300g/0.66lb lighter than my existing "lightweight" Easton EA70XCT wheelset!!

The BHS (Bitex) MTB270 hub sounds wicked! Deeper in tone than a Chris King. It literally sounds angry. No Hope clack... Just a deep, mechanical, pissed off buzzzzz.

Can't ride em yet (still gotta build a DIY wheel truing stand), but not bad for about 3 beers worth of work (with plenty of hiccups... Don't drop a nipple in a rim. Let alone three of them).

I've got a set of BHS MTB 180/270 hubs that are awaiting LB hookless 35mm AM 650b rims. Apparently they're shipping this week!

(Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?-laced.jpg
    Last edited by 06HokieMTB; 07-29-2014 at 09:00 AM.
    '14 Bronson C
    '12 Tallboy A (for sale)
    '13 DB Mason 29er/650b+

mtbr member
    Anybody tried Velocity VeloPlugs on LB hookless wheels? They look similar to the Specialized spoke plugs that are coming on the Spesh carbon Fatties. Another (cheap) way to save 35-40g of rotating wheel weight (plugs are lighter than tubeless tape). And you can replace a spoke by pulling one plug, instead of the entire strip of rim tape.

Velocity Rim Plugs > Components > Tires and Tubes > Rim Strips | Jenson USA

Veloplugs

Velocity Wheels

Name:  red_1_300_450.png
Views: 1261
Size:  80.7 KB
    '14 Bronson C
    '12 Tallboy A (for sale)
    '13 DB Mason 29er/650b+

transmitter~receiver

(Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?

Quote Originally Posted by hokiebrett View Post
    Anybody tried Velocity VeloPlugs on LB hookless wheels? They look similar to the Specialized spoke plugs that are coming on the Spesh carbon Fatties. Another (cheap) way to save 35-40g of rotating wheel weight (plugs are lighter than tubeless tape). And you can replace a spoke by pulling one plug, instead of the entire strip of rim tape.

Velocity Rim Plugs > Components > Tires and Tubes > Rim Strips | Jenson USA

Veloplugs

Velocity Wheels

Name:  red_1_300_450.png
Views: 1261
Size:  80.7 KB
    The Velocity website says "~15g over cloth tape on a 700c wheel." They're talking about Velox, which is heavy compared to tubeless tape, which is 5-10g per wheel.
    I'd be surprised if there were any weight savings at all. I'd also be very surprised if they were air tight.
    Last edited by meltingfeather; 07-29-2014 at 12:26 PM.