Page 170 of 267 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 180 220 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 6662
    BarBanger
    Feb 2008
    Rojo, that's the stuff. Black and 1". Good stuff.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)$]
    Quote Originally Posted by RojoRacing53 View Post
    I swung by Home Depot to grab a roll of gorilla tape and all I could find was the stuff that looks like black duct tape in 1" & 2" rolls. Is that the right stuff or do they make a more plastic like tape similar to the Stan's stuff?
    If it looks like this, you found the right stuff.

Name:  Gorilla Tape.jpg
Views: 1375
Size:  45.1 KB
    ٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃̃)۶ ٩(̯)۶

g3h6o3
    Light-bicycle are replacing my rim free of charge. I only get to pay shipping. Good and fast service and I consider myself lucky for getting this offer.

Quote Originally Posted by PissedOffCil View Post
    Last year I was on Velocity Blunt SL rims and I dented them almost every week until I found the "magic" 28 PSI pressure with which I had good grip and no rim impacts.

As I said, I'm not 100% sure it was a rim strike but it certainly looks like it. If it was, I would have dented a similar weight aluminium rim without a doubt. To think I had broken my saddle rails, it was a hard impact.

P.S. I consider myself hard on wheels although I am ~150 pounds. Riding a hardtail certainly doesn't help but man is it fun!
    Check out my SportTracks plugins for some training aid software.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Bikerumor link to Stan's new carbon rims at Eurobike. No mention of weight, width, or prices. They also don't mention if the rims will be available as rims only or just complete wheelsets. Supposedly more info at Interbike so we'll find out more in September.

Stan?s Enters the Carbon Wheel Game, shows Valor at Eurobike

AZ
    banned
    Stan's is still relevant?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Just ordered 2 of the light-bicycle.com wide 29er rims (matte, UD, 32H) last night. I'm going to have them laced up to the stock DT Swiss 350 hubs and (hopefully) the stock spokes/nipples as well. They will be replacing the DT Swiss XR400 rims that came on my Yeti SB-95 Race build.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Got mine yesterday. LB wide 29 rims (matte, 3K, 28H). Weight 378 and 380 gramms.

Visually they look great. I'm exited how they will be when I will have laced them. I will lace them with Sapim CX-Ray, 3-cross, Alu nipples and probably Tune King/Kong hubs.

Will be a nice light wheelset.... :-)

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterQ View Post
    We can offer the wheels you need, maybe someone else has interest.

Below combination available:
    -Standard front and rear QR
    -Front QR and rear 142x12 axle
    -Front 15x100 thru axle and rear QR
    -Front 15x100 and rear 142x12 axle

We have similar carbon 29er XC wheels, now we are proceeding to make a 35mm wide 29er DH rims, and in next months there will be a 30mm wide 29er AM rims available too. At that time we could assemble XC wheels, AM wheels and DH wheels.
    Hubs options: Novatec D711/D712, D881/D882. Bitex MTF 15x100/ MTR 12x142 hubs. Bitex MTF 10x100/ MTR 12x142. Bitex MTF 10x100/ MTR 10x135
    Spokes options: Sapim CX-Ray, Sapim CX-Delta, Sapim D-light
    We gonna offer high end carbon 29er rims and carbon 29er wheels for you guys.

Email: peter@xmiplay.cn

Peter do you have an add on here? Stop spamming your crap til you pay and support the site you're making money off of.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    Peter do you have an add on here? Stop spamming your crap til you pay and support the site you're making money off of.
    I emailed Gregg about the same thing and they have not done anything...it is really frustrating to see and the guys that pay for ads should be pissed...

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy13 View Post
    Bikerumor link to Stan's new carbon rims at Eurobike. No mention of weight, width, or prices. They also don't mention if the rims will be available as rims only or just complete wheelsets. Supposedly more info at Interbike so we'll find out more in September.

Stan?s Enters the Carbon Wheel Game, shows Valor at Eurobike
    Gonna keep an eye on this. Definitely like my Crests, so these would probably be good too. Concerned for impact strength though.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Are you paying for an ad on here?

I don't mind Peter keeping me updated on their upcoming wheels...

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sjaakoo View Post

Then send him your e-mail address because the punk has been spamming the forum.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    Then send him your e-mail address because the punk has been spamming the forum.
    Forgive me for my ignorance but why should I ?

AZ
    banned
    Forgive me for my ignorance but why should I ?

So you can stay updated on the douchenozzles upcoming products without him spamming the board. Comprehend'?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

I'm not selling anything at the moment and when I do I take out an add. I've paid for about 6-7 so far. This ******* is a manufacturer spamming the site. He should buy an add.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    So you can stay updated on the douchenozzles upcoming products without him spamming the board. Comprehend'?
    Thank you but I am not giving anyone my email address because you say I should.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Thank you but I am not giving anyone my email address because you say I should.
    But you want updates on his products, its just like signing up for updates from any other manufacturers.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

AZ
    banned
    But you want updates on his products, its just like signing up for updates from any other manufacturers.

On that turn, why should we have to read the spammers posts because you say we should? GFY.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    On that turn, why should we have to read the spammers posts because you say we should? GFY.
    I don't have any say in whether or not this guy is posting in this thread..
    And I have never said you have to read his post.
    I was just saying that I didn't mind reading it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I see what you mean, it is just that I get a bit stubborn when people tell me what to do, especially if it is not exactly in the form of good advice..

transmitter~receiver

(Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?

I see what you mean, it is just that I get a bit stubborn when people tell me what to do, especially if it is not exactly in the form of good advice..
    Are you 9 years old?
    Why don't you want to give out your e-mail address? Probably so you won't get spammed.
    He repeatedly spams the boards selling products, which is not what the forum is for and not fair to paying advertisers, even if you personally don't mind reading these particular "updates."
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    You were an ass and fired back at me asking if I had an add. I'm not a manufacturer looking for free advertising on a website. He is. Much different.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    Are you 9 years old?
    Why don't you want to give out your e-mail address? Probably so you won't get spammed.
    He repeatedly spams the boards selling products, which is not what the forum is for and not fair to paying advertisers, even if you personally don't mind reading these particular "updates."

No I am not 9 years old but over 50 unfortunately.
    Giving my email address is just not my way of gathering information.

I have been on European mountainbike forums for at least ten years and things have always been relaxed there...
    I just came here to learn more about Chinese frames and rims.

I suppose I really have to watch my words very carefully on this forum otherwise some people get very rude.

mtbr member
    Getting back on track...

I now have 700 miles on a set of these rims, touch wood, no issues.. I have ridden road miles, fire roads, single track, rock gardens and even drop offs. The tire pressures I'm most happy with are 25 -26 front and 28 rear.

Feed back is great with my wheel set up, and weight is really good. I have the Hope Evo hubs with DT swiss Revolutions and brass nipples.

I saw a set of American Classic hubs that have me thinking of a light light wheelset....maybe in the 1400 gram range.. mine are 1610.

I'll post up again at 1000...

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by YamaDan View Post
    Getting back on track...

I now have 700 miles on a set of these rims, touch wood, no issues.. I have ridden road miles, fire roads, single track, rock gardens and even drop offs. The tire pressures I'm most happy with are 25 -26 front and 28 rear.

Feed back is great with my wheel set up, and weight is really good. I have the Hope Evo hubs with DT swiss Revolutions and brass nipples.

I saw a set of American Classic hubs that have me thinking of a light light wheelset....maybe in the 1400 gram range.. mine are 1610.

I'll post up again at 1000...
    Good to know but tire pressures don't really mean anything unless you put down Tire sizes as well.