Page 166 of 166 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166
Results 8,251 to 8,269 of 8269
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by InertiaMan View Post
    But to directly answer your original question, the Nextie NXT29XC24 is very close to the dimension you want, and costs a reasonable $155. Light-bicycle doesn't have anything that narrow anymore.
    Coincidentally, if you don't mind a 3K/glossy finish, you can get a 24H version of the 29XC24 rim shipped immediately from stock at 15% off (so $130-ish + shipping) from Nextie's "leftovers" inventory here:
    Stock Products

mtbr member
    Also note that you don't have to use such a narrow rim, the norm is wider. If you go wider you will have many more rim options, and most people run a wider tire in the front anyways.

In addition, typically rear wheels fail more often than fronts (higher loads and worse spoke angle), so if your front failed it may mean that the days of the rear are numbered. In other words, full wheelset.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Why not 24H? Well, your rim apparently failed, so that is a potential answer. Maybe a 28H or 32Hrim would have survived.
    It melted because it was to close to the exhaust of my car

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by haakonbs View Post
    It melted because it was to close to the exhaust of my car
    Fair enough. That's why I said potential answer.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Fair enough. That's why I said potential answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Ok. So I ordered a set of the 35mm's from the USA office as 1) it ships faster (got mine in a week) and 2) in the event I need to warranty, its both cheaper and faster to ship within the states.

Premium was about $40 compared to shipping from china, its $80 more expensive compared to nextie for a pair.

Also, Pro tip for confirming / checking for angled drilling. Take a spoke, add a nipple to it. The drilling angle isnt noticiable to my eyes, and gravity will easily pull the spoke whichever way you are leaning the rim. So pull down on the spoke and rock it from left to right, you should feel it "notch" one direction and not the other, that should match up with the sticker direction.
    Lean back, Hit both brakes, And ask yourself, Do you feel lucky today?

carbonfan
    Feb 2017
    hi mate You can go with us Carbonfan which is free shipping to US, yes We need take longer to ship ,but ours quality is awesome, guarantee You that .
    www.carbonfan.com
    Carbonfan wheels review
    Carbonfan Bicycle Industry Co., Ltd

Certifiably Crazy
    My LB wheelset is still running strong after three years.
    2013 Felt Edict Nine

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Carloswithac View Post
    My LB wheelset is still running strong after three years.
    Me too!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Same here! Hookless 27 mm outer/22 mm inner width laced to Hope Pro 2 EVO hubs. Were installed on a hardtail for the first year, now on a 120/110 mm travel FS 29er. Over 2000 miles, and just some surface scratches. Still true and round - love the low maintenance. These were my first wheel building experience, and it turned out awesome. Ted

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

carbonfan
    Feb 2017
    Yea the time is the proof . I m proud of made in China now .

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk Pro
    www.carbonfan.com
    Carbonfan wheels review
    Carbonfan Bicycle Industry Co., Ltd

Digger
    Jul 2016
    When you order rims on the light bicycle site, is the price ($280) for a pair of them, or just one rim?
    Salsa Pony Rustler X01

damned rocks...
    Quote Originally Posted by jtaylor996 View Post
    When you order rims on the light bicycle site, is the price ($280) for a pair of them, or just one rim?
    It's price per rim, unless it's stated otherwise.

Digger
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Aglo View Post
    It's price per rim, unless it's stated otherwise.
    Ouch! I have a set of wheels on order with them, but was thinking of upgrade the rims on my B+ wheels that I already have on my bike. I don't think my sram hubs are worth spending that kind of dough on.
    Salsa Pony Rustler X01

damned rocks...
    Quote Originally Posted by jtaylor996 View Post
    Ouch! I have a set of wheels on order with them, but was thinking of upgrade the rims on my B+ wheels that I already have on my bike. I don't think my sram hubs are worth spending that kind of dough on.
    You can always buy a pair of Dt hubs with the rims

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I just mounted a set of i29 asymmetric rims on DT350 boost hubs from Carbonfan.com. I started a separate thread with some pictures and initial thoughts here as this thread is crazy long: New Carbonfan Wheels. They construction quality seems good and my tires mounted easily without tools and just a floor pump. There arelots of users here who have had good experiences with Chinese rims but Carbonfan seems to have a smaller base so I was a bit hesitant. That said, so far I'm very happy with the wheels.

mtbr member
    I think it's impossible to tell if construction of any carbon rim is good by looking at it. The factors of quality are inside and you cannot see that. The only thing you can tell are defects that are visible externally, those will almost never be sent to a customer.

mtbr member
    I built up a set of wheels with the i29 asymm Carbonfan rims about a year ago and they've been doing great.
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozCountry View Post
    I think it's impossible to tell if construction of any carbon rim is good by looking at it. The factors of quality are inside and you cannot see that. The only thing you can tell are defects that are visible externally, those will almost never be sent to a customer.
    Point taken. I think that's a fair assessment. I've seen a few posts about carbon rims arriving with visible imperfections but thankfully I did not notice any on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Rager View Post
    I built up a set of wheels with the i29 asymm Carbonfan rims about a year ago and they've been doing great.
    That's good to hear! Hopefully their durability holds up!

Members who have read this thread: 660