Page 165 of 165 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165
Results 8,201 to 8,207 of 8207
    mtbr member

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fields View Post
    Too cheap: ? 200lb rider. Light mtb, nothing bigger than about 24" drop.
    I'm not attracted to that product as much as this one.
    700C 29ER MTB Carbon Wheels 35mm Width 771-772 Mountain Bicycle Carbon WheelSet | eBay
    30mm inner hookless width is the minimum.
    Looks like DT350 hubs can be spec'ed. I'd want Sapim Laser spokes and Sapim Polyax 12mm brass nipples.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by eb1888 View Post
    I'm not attracted to that product as much as this one.
    700C 29ER MTB Carbon Wheels 35mm Width 771-772 Mountain Bicycle Carbon WheelSet | eBay
    30mm inner hookless width is the minimum.
    Looks like DT350 hubs can be spec'ed. I'd want Sapim Laser spokes and Sapim Polyax 12mm brass nipples.
    Thanks. It's for an older bike (2011 rockhopper comp w upgrades), so budget has to be contained and also I need qr (which luckily makes rims cheaper for me).

I have been looking at aluminium options also. Good weight can be had for ~$400. Might be safer option...

Thanks again

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Hi,
    Im new to the forum an I subscribed because its the only place where I found some information about EIE carbon rims. Are they still holding up well? The price for them as a wheel set with Novatec 771/772 and Dt Swiss competition ist pretty good, so im thinking about pulling the trigger
    Does anyone have experience with the build quality of the wheels? Or have you just ordered the rims?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I consider them new but the rims I see are models sold by other companies.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by zircon View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the build quality of the wheels? Or have you just ordered the rims?
    I bought a set last week. I'll write about them, but it'll be another week before they arrive, and another two before they're laced. Their sales contact (Lucy) is very responsive.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by zircon View Post
    Hi,
    Im new to the forum an I subscribed because its the only place where I found some information about EIE carbon rims. Are they still holding up well? The price for them as a wheel set with Novatec 771/772 and Dt Swiss competition ist pretty good, so im thinking about pulling the trigger
    The EIE rims are holding fine, a few scratches from rock strikes but still perfectly true. I had ordered rims only and had them laced to Hope hubs here in France.