Page 164 of 165 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165 LastLast
Results 8,151 to 8,200 of 8203
  1. #8151
    www.lightbicycle.com
    Reputation: light bicycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by InertiaMan View Post
    Good find, nice to have more potential sources, but those are 29er i39. RSVR6 is saying he found a source for i39 27.5 rims.
    I'm looking for: 27.5 rims with 39 or 40mm internal width, asym, with "slanted" 6 degree drilling or shaped/reinforced spoke holes.
    Hi Inertia Man, We're building am asymmetrical 27.5 rim with a 40mm internal width right now, it's in the final testing phase and will be released at some point in late November. We can do custom drilling, but our standard is 6 degrees. For the spoke hole test, these are testing out to 400 kg/f before it can pull through (highest spoke tension used on wheels is about 130kg/f) so this is not going to be a concern for these.
    http://www.lightbicycle.com
    http://www.us.lightbicycle.com (North American site)
    Instagram: @lightbicycle

  2. #8152
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RS VR6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,265
    Received them this morning. Ordered them 10-19. Left China on 10-29 and got them on 11-4 via FedEx.

    Pic of the 39mm inner width 27.5 asym plus rim.

    (Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?-img_20161104_124159.jpg

    (Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?-img_20161104_124239.jpg

    (Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?-img_20161104_124007.jpg

    (Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?-img_20161104_123849.jpg

  3. #8153
    mtbr member
    Reputation: saruti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    271
    hi guys
    havnt been here for a while
    using this Light Bicycle rims for 5 years now. moved from old design to new and wide
    and now on asimetric 34mm rims.
    wrote all about it on my site
    hope you like it. you can use the translator on the site.

    Light bicycle - ?????? ????? ????? ???. - ???? ?????? ????

  4. #8154
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    919
    Has anyone purchased/used the Nextie NXT29WC38 rim? (32mm ID, asym)

    I would like to know if the spoke holes are drilled "straight" (perpendicular to the rim surface) or drilled +/- 6 degree to position the nipple in line with the spoke direction to hub flange?

    Sent the question direct to Nextie but have not been getting a response.

    If LB had a 29er version of their EN733 it would be a good fit for one of my new wheelsets, but no sign that LB is doing this anytime soon.

  5. #8155
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RS VR6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,265
    Six degrees seems to be a pretty standard drilling. That's what I got when I asked them (Apex) for whatever is their normal drilling since I wasn't sure about the hubs I was going to use. Since alot of the companies don't produce the rim till you order...if you ask...they can usually do a custom drilling for you.

  6. #8156
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by RS VR6 View Post
    Six degrees seems to be a pretty standard drilling. That's what I got when I asked them (Apex) for whatever is their normal drilling since I wasn't sure about the hubs I was going to use. Since alot of the companies don't produce the rim till you order...if you ask...they can usually do a custom drilling for you.
    I'm not particularly concerned about the actual angle ( 6deg, 5 deg, whatever . . . so long as its not zero). All the early LB rims were straight drilled. I used many of those rims, and I found the non-angled holes to be undesirable. Unlike thin alloy rims which allow the nipple to pivot and align with the spoke (especially if eyelet'ed), the carbon rims are substantially thicker and effectively hold the nipple on-axis w/ the hole, with little/no ability to pivot. So I am unwilling to use straight-drilled holes anymore if I have other alternatives. Just wish there was some clarity in the spec from Nextie (or response to my inquiry).

  7. #8157
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CrozCountry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,225
    Quote Originally Posted by InertiaMan View Post
    Sent the question direct to Nextie but have not been getting a response.
    I would interpret this "no response" as straight drilling, unless someone here actually got a rim from them drilled in an angle.

    I don't think it's something you can ask them to do. It's done by a machine, so if they had it, the rims would probably come like that already. Unless you want them to do it with a hand drill

    You also have to wonder if they just drill a hole in an angle, or also rim the surface of the nipple seat in an angle (inside the rim).

  8. #8158
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozCountry View Post
    I would interpret this "no response" as straight drilling, unless someone here actually got a rim from them drilled in an angle.

    I don't think it's something you can ask them to do. It's done by a machine, so if they had it, the rims would probably come like that already. Unless you want them to do it with a hand drill

    You also have to wonder if they just drill a hole in an angle, or also rim the surface of the nipple seat in an angle (inside the rim).
    I asked Nextie before I bought my first set and they said they drill the spoke holes on a 6 degree angle.

  9. #8159
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Lone Rager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,613
    FWIW: I got a set of rims from CB that were specified to be drilled at 6 deg. On other rims I've gotten angled drilling was fairly obvious due to the staggered big holes in the rim bed. On the CB rims I could not see any evidence of angled drilling in the stagger of either the holes in the rim beds or the nipple holes themselves. I had to put close fitting rod through the nipple hole to see that they were indeed drilled at an angle, and identify which holes to use for each side of the hub.
    Do the math.

  10. #8160
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozCountry View Post
    I would interpret this "no response" as straight drilling, unless someone here actually got a rim from them drilled in an angle.
    I received a response last night to my second inquiry, and they confirmed that the NXT27XA45 is drilled at +/-6 degrees.


    Quote Originally Posted by CrozCountry View Post
    You also have to wonder if they just drill a hole in an angle, or also rim the surface of the nipple seat in an angle (inside the rim).
    As you're noting, when drilled at an angle, it leaves a non-perpendicular seating surface for the nipple inside. With most nipples, this is not a concern, since they have a curved/spherical lip which can seat off-axis. Some Sapim nipples specifically promote this shape. Useful as that is, though, it isn't helpful if the rim thickness effectively prevents the nipple from "tilting". Hence my focus on angled drilling.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Rager View Post
    FWIW: I got a set of rims from CB that were specified to be drilled at 6 deg. On other rims I've gotten angled drilling was fairly obvious due to the staggered big holes in the rim bed. On the CB rims I could not see any evidence of angled drilling in the stagger of either the holes in the rim beds or the nipple holes themselves. I had to put close fitting rod through the nipple hole to see that they were indeed drilled at an angle, and identify which holes to use for each side of the hub.
    I've also used rims w/ angled drilling but w/o staggered holes. I found that dropping a spoke & nipple into a hole and seating it will usually show a subtle but noticeable "slant" to one side or the other. No doubt that wheels have been built by inattentive builders who don't bother to determine that orientation . . . and one thing worse than straight holes is -6 degree hole with a +6 degree spoke in it!

  11. #8161
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    469
    Looking for 30mm external width, asymmetrical xc rim. I would like as light as possible. I have had great luck with Light Bicycle, but there wasn't as much choice 4 years ago as now. Other choices seem to be: Xia Men Yuan, CarbonFan, ebay (hulk), Nextie, Yishun, EIE and ACE. I'm sure some of these are made in the same factory and re-branded. Any other been there, done that experiences? TIA

  12. #8162
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy13 View Post
    Looking for 30mm external width, asymmetrical xc rim. I would like as light as possible. I have had great luck with Light Bicycle, but there wasn't as much choice 4 years ago as now. Other choices seem to be: Xia Men Yuan, CarbonFan, ebay (hulk), Nextie, Yishun, EIE and ACE. I'm sure some of these are made in the same factory and re-branded. Any other been there, done that experiences? TIA

    That's going to give you a 24mm iw, which will match with heavy casing tires aimed more at dh speeds where lightest means cracked.
    Otherwise you should consider 30mm inner width a minimum. Like the CB asyms of 29, 34 or 39.
    When it says in the specs + or - 15g you can use the note to request rims at the minus end.
    [NEW] Asymmetric Mountain bike 27.5er&29er AM hookless rim 40mm wide - Asymmetric Rim - Carbonfan|Carbon Rim|Carbon Wheel|Carbon Bicycle|Carbon Frame|Carbon Bike Part|Mountain bike

    You can match that with tires with a rounded profile like Bontrager XR Teams.

  13. #8163
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Lone Rager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,613
    ^^^ I'm running CB's 29mm inner width asymmetric rims with XR3 and 4. The rims weighed 418gm against their 400 +/-15gm spec, close enough within the uncertainty of the scales. Wheelset is 1630gm, but of course that will depend on hubs and spokes. Running tubeless with Kapton tape rim strip.
    Do the math.

  14. #8164
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Erock503's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy13 View Post
    Looking for 30mm external width, asymmetrical xc rim. I would like as light as possible. I have had great luck with Light Bicycle, but there wasn't as much choice 4 years ago as now. Other choices seem to be: Xia Men Yuan, CarbonFan, ebay (hulk), Nextie, Yishun, EIE and ACE. I'm sure some of these are made in the same factory and re-branded. Any other been there, done that experiences? TIA
    If you've been happy with your LB rims, it's not a bad idea to stick with them since you know what you'll be getting. As a return customer, they will offer you a discount too. Ive been very happy with the 3 sets I've owned.

  15. #8165
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    469
    I have been very happy with my LB 30mm external width rims (~385g), running IKON 2.2 and 2.35 for years and happy with the handling. Minor crack on one after many years and tons of miles. I am looking to build a similar or lighter wheel using an asymmetric rim. LB's lightest offering is either 28mm or 34mm ext. width, and $249/$269 plus shipping. The other companies mentioned are lighter and cheaper. I am still asking if anyone has good experience with any of these companies, especially if you bought a similar rim.

  16. #8166
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Erock503's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy13 View Post
    I have been very happy with my LB 30mm external width rims (~385g), running IKON 2.2 and 2.35 for years and happy with the handling. Minor crack on one after many years and tons of miles. I am looking to build a similar or lighter wheel using an asymmetric rim. LB's lightest offering is either 28mm or 34mm ext. width, and $249/$269 plus shipping. The other companies mentioned are lighter and cheaper. I am still asking if anyone has good experience with any of these companies, especially if you bought a similar rim.
    I see. Food for thought thought though. It probably doesn't matter for your situation considering what you're after, but those lighter rims probably have a lower weight capacity too. That, and you can request the rims be in the - xx weight range when you order. You may have to wait longer, but they will usually do it IME. The price is probably higher since the name is more well known, but it's worth seeing what your return customer discount will get you. I guess I should be more open minded, but I tend to stick with the more well known names if I'm going Chinese carbon, i.e. Nextie, LB. I think they have more to lose on the "word of mouth" gauge if things go wrong.

  17. #8167
    Dirty minded
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    490
    I've been running 460 gram 29" 30 mm internal width rims with 3.5mm thick sidewalls, 32 spokes. I have been racing enduro on this wheelset on a 4" travel bike. Now I know that is far from ideal, but is what I currently own (a new bike is in the works). I weigh 175 ret to ride.
    My concern is that I've cracked 2 of these rear hoops in almost 2 years. I'm wondering if it is because the rear suspension packs in after multiple hits and feels like a hard tail. The bike runs out of suspension and the rim gives in? Although when it happens there are often multiple destroyed rims at the event, carbon and aluminum, and on longer travel bikes. I'm beginning to wonder if I'd be better off with aluminum on the rear wheel of the new bike build, or if 140mm will be more forgiving and less prone to destroying rear rims.
    Any thoughts on this?

  18. #8168
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    981
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitrin View Post
    I've been running 460 gram 29" 30 mm internal width rims with 3.5mm thick sidewalls, 32 spokes. I have been racing enduro on this wheelset on a 4" travel bike. Now I know that is far from ideal, but is what I currently own (a new bike is in the works). I weigh 175 ret to ride.
    My concern is that I've cracked 2 of these rear hoops in almost 2 years. I'm wondering if it is because the rear suspension packs in after multiple hits and feels like a hard tail. The bike runs out of suspension and the rim gives in? Although when it happens there are often multiple destroyed rims at the event, carbon and aluminum, and on longer travel bikes. I'm beginning to wonder if I'd be better off with aluminum on the rear wheel of the new bike build, or if 140mm will be more forgiving and less prone to destroying rear rims.
    Any thoughts on this?
    I am far from an expert but after seeing things like Santa Cruz testing their aluminum vs carbon frames I would continue to stick with Carbon all day over aluminum for strength. Carbon is a damn amazingly strong material and not that much more expensive for these wider rims than their aluminum counterparts.

  19. #8169
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    919
    Anyone have first-hand experience w/ spoke calculations for the Nextie 32mm internal asym 29er rim NXT29WC38? They spec the ERD at 579mm, but I'm measuring at 584mm.

    Nextie has an FAQ/definition for ERD which indicates the measurement is taken not at the internal rim surface, but at the nipple base: What is ERD (Effective Rim Diameter)?

    My measurement method used two exactly 250mm cutoff spokes threaded/glued to have threaded tip flush to slot (ie, includes nipple base thickness) so in theory should match Nextie's number.

    If Nextie is saying one thing (includes nipple base) but doing another (measuring to internal rim wall) then the 584m versus 579mm would be reasonably well explained by the nipple base thickness.

    Anyway, it would be very useful if anyone had similar experiences with this specific rim and can provide insight on how their length choices turned out after the build was done. Without additional data, I'll probably use 582 or 581 for calculations. Just want to avoid the case of almost-too-long-spokes (which happened with one of my LB builds years ago).

  20. #8170
    transmitter~receiver
    Reputation: meltingfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,937
    Quote Originally Posted by InertiaMan View Post
    Anyone have first-hand experience w/ spoke calculations for the Nextie 32mm internal asym 29er rim NXT29WC38? They spec the ERD at 579mm, but I'm measuring at 584mm.

    Nextie has an FAQ/definition for ERD which indicates the measurement is taken not at the internal rim surface, but at the nipple base: What is ERD (Effective Rim Diameter)?

    My measurement method used two exactly 250mm cutoff spokes threaded/glued to have threaded tip flush to slot (ie, includes nipple base thickness) so in theory should match Nextie's number.

    If Nextie is saying one thing (includes nipple base) but doing another (measuring to internal rim wall) then the 584m versus 579mm would be reasonably well explained by the nipple base thickness.

    Anyway, it would be very useful if anyone had similar experiences with this specific rim and can provide insight on how their length choices turned out after the build was done. Without additional data, I'll probably use 582 or 581 for calculations. Just want to avoid the case of almost-too-long-spokes (which happened with one of my LB builds years ago).
    If you measure right, and it sounds like you did, then it doesn't matter what people who don't know what they are doing or talking about say, even in the unfortunate case that those people happen to have made your rim.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

  21. #8171
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    If you measure right, and it sounds like you did, then it doesn't matter what people who don't know what they are doing or talking about say, even in the unfortunate case that those people happen to have made your rim.
    Oh, but they didn't make my rim, they just sold it, right?

    In general I agree with you, I have direct measurement so I should proceed with confidence, and not sweat the Nextie specs. But if someone chimed in w/ similar experience and a post-build photo of spoke position in nipple base, I can proceed with even more confidence. I'm also used to working w/ higher precision materials so ignoring OEM specs isn't exactly in my DNA.

  22. #8172
    damned rocks...
    Reputation: Aglo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    902
    Also, take several measures on both rims, you should get small variations but nothing that will interfere on your calculations.
    Also, as meltingfeather mentioned, it doesn't matter what other people measured, as long as you took precaution measuring your rims, you should go by your measures.

  23. #8173
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by Aglo View Post
    Also, take several measures on both rims, you should get small variations but nothing that will interfere on your calculations.
    Also, as meltingfeather mentioned, it doesn't matter what other people measured, as long as you took precaution measuring your rims, you should go by your measures.
    I did 4 measurements on each rim at 45 degree intervals, all were within the +/- 0.5mm error that I'd guess is inherent in my informal "tooling".

  24. #8174
    damned rocks...
    Reputation: Aglo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    902
    Nothing to do with your rims, but the ERD listed for my chinese carbon rims was 579mm, then when they arrived I took a couple of measurements and the mean value I arrived was slightly over 583mm.
    So, don't give it too much importance to the discrepancy.

  25. #8175
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by InertiaMan View Post
    I received a response last night to my second inquiry, and they confirmed that the NXT27XA45 is drilled at +/-6 degrees.
    FWIW, now that I've received the rims, I can confirm that they are indeed angle drilled. I have no means to distinguish 6 degrees versus 5 or 7 degrees, but its pretty obvious when one places a spoke & nipple in alternating holes that there is significant orientation bias toward one side or the other.

  26. #8176
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CrozCountry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,225
    Quote Originally Posted by InertiaMan View Post
    Nextie has an FAQ/definition for ERD which indicates the measurement is taken not at the internal rim surface, but at the nipple base: What is ERD (Effective Rim Diameter)?
    Maybe I am getting this wrong, but on this page the text and diagram contradict each other.

    The diagram shows ERD at the rim surface, the text says to add the nipple heads (4mm).

  27. #8177
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    172
    I am looking to build up a new 29" set of XC race wheels. Certainly interested in keeping the wheels light as possible, but willing to add some weight to get a rim with a little more internal width, thinking an internal width of 24-28.

    Anyone have any specific rims that they think are a good compromise between weight and internal width for XC racing?
    [

  28. #8178
    bike tester
    Reputation: syl3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,128
    LB e30-i23 worked great for me with xc tyres. lefty/dt wheelset f 24h, r 28h, zero issues in 4 yrs. 190lbs with gear.

  29. #8179
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    25,345
    Quote Originally Posted by KonaSS View Post
    I am looking to build up a new 29" set of XC race wheels. Certainly interested in keeping the wheels light as possible, but willing to add some weight to get a rim with a little more internal width, thinking an internal width of 24-28.

    Anyone have any specific rims that they think are a good compromise between weight and internal width for XC racing?
    i have 30mm external Nexties on my XC race rig, I wouldn't go any fatter. That's just me, but wider starts to get significantly heavier.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  30. #8180
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,402
    Part of the choice involves the tires you'll run. Bontrager XR1 Team 2.2s have a very rounded profile that works great with 30mm inner width rims. I use that combo and won't use anything skinnier with that tire or the 2.35 XR2-4.

  31. #8181
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by eb1888 View Post
    That EIE 39mm id asym rim is 460g +/- 15g for 165 + 50 shipping for 2.
    So 445g(requested) rims for 380 shipped.
    Hi,
    Have you ordered from EIE ? I'm looking for some feedback.

  32. #8182
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ghughes.hesinc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by light bicycle View Post
    Hi Inertia Man, We're building am asymmetrical 27.5 rim with a 40mm internal width right now, it's in the final testing phase and will be released at some point in late November. We can do custom drilling, but our standard is 6 degrees. For the spoke hole test, these are testing out to 400 kg/f before it can pull through (highest spoke tension used on wheels is about 130kg/f) so this is not going to be a concern for these.
    Will these be available in 29?

  33. #8183
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,402
    Quote Originally Posted by guibe View Post
    Hi,
    Have you ordered from EIE ? I'm looking for some feedback.
    I haven't ordered from them.
    29er 45mm wide rim all mountain Enduro strong bicycle carbon rim, tubeless ready, “mid fat bike” rim
    That rim is a copy of a CB rim. I've ordered from them with good response and the quality has been problem free.
    [NEW] Asymmetric Mountain bike 29er AM&DH hookless rim 45mm wide - Asymmetric Rim - Carbonfan|Carbon Rim|Carbon Wheel|Carbon Bicycle|Carbon Frame|Carbon Bike Part|Mountain bike
    The difference appears to be a weight of 460 + or - 15 for the EIE vs 480 + or - for the CB.
    Both are 39mm inner.
    And the listed price is $30 more for the CB. I think they may price match if you email them with the listing.
    You can request a rim at the lower end of the range.

  34. #8184
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    8
    I eventually decided to try out EIE carbon so I ordered a pair of 650b 29mm inner width assymetric rims. I just received them today and so far they look good with the custom color code I asked for the decals (which are not stickers but under the clearcoat I think).(Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?-eie.jpg

  35. #8185
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    103
    I just bought a C'd Scalpel that came with ENVE Twenty9 XC rims. They've got an IW of 17.9 and are currently shod in 2.1" Racing Ralphs.

    To make this bike a little more trail-oriented, I'd like to move to 2.4" tires. Does this rim support 2.4" tires? If not, what's a good lightweight alternative? I was looking at XM's AS935C, but it seems a little heavy at 440g per.

  36. #8186
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    469
    Really interested in the quality and durability of the EIE rims. Their prices and weights for an asymmetrical rim are impressive. Let's see how they hold up. Did you get the AM or the HD? Any weights? Thanks.

  37. #8187
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,402
    Quote Originally Posted by alexdi View Post
    I just bought a C'd Scalpel that came with ENVE Twenty9 XC rims. They've got an IW of 17.9 and are currently shod in 2.1" Racing Ralphs.

    To make this bike a little more trail-oriented, I'd like to move to 2.4" tires. Does this rim support 2.4" tires? If not, what's a good lightweight alternative? I was looking at XM's AS935C, but it seems a little heavy at 440g per.
    I've run 30mm inners for my Trek carbon Superfly. You need to match that with a rounded profile tire. And then get the right pressure. Bontrager XR1 Team 2.2 or XR2 Team 2.35 have the rounded profile.
    [NEW] Asymmetric Mountain bike 27.5er&29er AM hookless rim 40mm wide - Asymmetric Rim - Carbonfan|Carbon Rim|Carbon Wheel|Carbon Bicycle|Carbon Frame|Carbon Bike Part|Mountain bike
    This asym rim is 34mm inner for the 2.35 XR2 at 415g low range if you request it in the notes. 28 hole is fine.
    Run it 14-16psi.
    34mm inner EIE.
    29er downhill rim 40mm wide, carbon bike Enduro riding, Asymmetrical rim carbon

  38. #8188
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    103
    That seems very wide to me. I'm honestly not sure if the Scalpel dropouts will accommodate a 2.4 tire when it's allowed to stretch that far. How about this one from the same company?

    [HOT] Asymmetric Mountain bike 29er AM hookless rim 35mm wide - Asymmetric Rim - Carbonfan|Carbon Rim|Carbon Wheel|Carbon Bicycle|Carbon Frame|Carbon Bike Part|Mountain bike

  39. #8189
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy13 View Post
    Really interested in the quality and durability of the EIE rims. Their prices and weights for an asymmetrical rim are impressive. Let's see how they hold up. Did you get the AM or the HD? Any weights? Thanks.
    I got a mix, AM rim for the front at 360g and HD for the rear at 410g (I asked for the lowest weight range). They are being laced to Hope pro 4 hubs.

  40. #8190
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Carbon Speed Bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1
    Carbon Speed on sale rims: Xiamen Carbon Speed Sport Goods Co.,Ltd

    Chinese year end closeouts: Carbon Speed 27.5er rims year end closeouts

  41. #8191
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    8
    So the complete wheelset (29mm iw EIE rims on Pro 4 hubs, 32 CX Ray spokes front and rear , Roval tubeless strips and schwalbe valves) comes out at 1640g.

  42. #8192
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,402
    Quote Originally Posted by alexdi View Post
    That seems very wide to me. I'm honestly not sure if the Scalpel dropouts will accommodate a 2.4 tire when it's allowed to stretch that far. How about this one from the same company?

    [HOT] Asymmetric Mountain bike 29er AM hookless rim 35mm wide - Asymmetric Rim - Carbonfan|Carbon Rim|Carbon Wheel|Carbon Bicycle|Carbon Frame|Carbon Bike Part|Mountain bike
    How many mm. do you have between your chainstays where the side knobs line up?
    I'd push it with a Bontrager 2.35 XR2 Team if you have more than 76 mm.

  43. #8193
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    8
    Final result and first ride.

    (Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?-roue-arri-re.jpg(Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?-v-lo-avec-nouvelles-roues.jpg

  44. #8194
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,124
    Interesting news- wonder if this will pressure NOX to lower prices.

    LB has teamed up with Nobl and is opening a US based facility. Prices are pretty good.

    I built a wheelset with 29mm inner Asy rims, I9 CL hubs with CX-Ray spokes- $1395

    https://us.lightbicycle.com/shop/?ut...eid=133e6565fb
    Tantrum incoming
    Ibis Mojo 3
    Carver 420 TI

  45. #8195
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ARandomBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,504
    I'm hoping that encourages *everyone* to step up their game. USA is a big market. It's a wise move, as long as it doesn't mean their $170 rims are now $250.
    \_(ツ)_/ Yeah, why not?

  46. #8196
    Crash Dummy In Training
    Reputation: PauLCa916's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,432
    Just got the email and checked it out pricing not bad at all.
    I might of missed it but I didn't see rim only options.
    ​​
    2015 Flyxii / ENVE /Chris King Carbon 29'er H.T.
    SRAM XX1
    2012 Stump Jumper Comp 29'er H.T. SRAM XX1
    1997 Rock Hopper / Rock Shox Recon Silver / 1 x 10 SRAM X9 XO Mix XT V Brake system

  47. #8197
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,124
    Quote Originally Posted by PauLCa916 View Post
    Just got the email and checked it out pricing not bad at all.
    I might of missed it but I didn't see rim only options.
    No rim only right now. This is pre-ordering wheelsets. I would assume once it's actually open, the rim options will be there.
    Tantrum incoming
    Ibis Mojo 3
    Carver 420 TI

  48. #8198
    Crash Dummy In Training
    Reputation: PauLCa916's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,432
    I'm hoping so I can't wait to see the pricing hopefully we can save a few bucks this way
    ​​
    2015 Flyxii / ENVE /Chris King Carbon 29'er H.T.
    SRAM XX1
    2012 Stump Jumper Comp 29'er H.T. SRAM XX1
    1997 Rock Hopper / Rock Shox Recon Silver / 1 x 10 SRAM X9 XO Mix XT V Brake system

  49. #8199
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    12
    Too cheap: ? 200lb rider. Light mtb, nothing bigger than about 24" drop.






    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  50. #8200
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,124
    I wouldn't ride those.
    Tantrum incoming
    Ibis Mojo 3
    Carver 420 TI

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •