Page 163 of 163 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163
Results 8,101 to 8,113 of 8113
    mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Are you guys using washers? Seems like its an unnecessary step these days

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    Yeah... major shift away from product development.
    Bummer, planning on fitting a 26x2.4 tire with wide rims on a 2011 scalpel. Going with asymmetric would be cool.

mtbr member
    Just came across this nice wheel, it's not tubeless ready rims but is boost hubs

damned rocks...
    Quote Originally Posted by andrepsz View Post
    Just came across this nice wheel, it's not tubeless ready rims but is boost hubs

Dude, those are proprietary spokes, try break one and good luck finding a source...
    Last edited by Aglo; 08-11-2016 at 07:37 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Should be supalight!

transmitter~receiver
    That's a Mavic R-SYS wheel. It will kill you.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    That's a Mavic R-SYS wheel. It will kill you.
    You are so right! I'm wondering if Mavic made money all this time with a patent that should never deserved to be granted.

mtbr member
    I'm *just* beginning to seriously investigate carbon wheels and thinking of relacing my hubs to new hoops.
    I found these on eBay, and seem to tick all the boxes: 30mm inner, asym, decent weight, good price.
    Does anyone have experience/feedback regarding the vendor "HulkSports" and these rims:
    29er 36mm Wide MTB Bicycle Carbon Rim MTB Offset Rims Hookless Asymmetric | eBay

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ARandomBiker View Post
    I'm *just* beginning to seriously investigate carbon wheels and thinking of relacing my hubs to new hoops.
    I found these on eBay, and seem to tick all the boxes: 30mm inner, asym, decent weight, good price.
    Does anyone have experience/feedback regarding the vendor "HulkSports" and these rims:
    29er 36mm Wide MTB Bicycle Carbon Rim MTB Offset Rims Hookless Asymmetric | eBay
    I'd like to know as well.

no motor

Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus View Post
    I'd like to know as well.

They have a less than 97% score on 27 sales, I'd run away from them based on that alone.
    E-bike? Kill it. With fire.​

mtbr member
    True, but I make a habit of actually reading the negative reviews to learn *why*. Some people are just mouth-breathers.

Of 27, there's one negative review, and the reviewer checked "negative" but his comments don't match. I suspect he's one of the mouth-breathing idiots that drag down internet sales ratings.
    (Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?-rim-feedback-screen.png

I'm not defending the seller, I agree 27 feedbacks is a short list, but the other 26 seem to actually address rim quality and are legit reviews.

no motor
    True, but I make a habit of actually reading the negative reviews to learn *why*. Some people are just mouth-breathers.

Of 27, there's one negative review, and the reviewer checked "negative" but his comments don't match. I suspect he's one of the mouth-breathing idiots that drag down internet sales ratings.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rim feedback Screen.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	1096188

I'm not defending the seller, I agree 27 feedbacks is a short list, but the other 26 seem to actually address rim quality and are legit reviews.

Could be but I'd still let someone else be the test monkey.
    E-bike? Kill it. With fire.​

mtbr member
    That seems to be about 100g too light for a 29' 30mm inner rim. As a comparison, here's another 30mm inner which they quote at 450g ...
    29er 35mm Width MTB Carbon Rims Mountain Bicycle Rim Tubeless Compatible | eBay

One feature that I wish my carbon rims had (3years old from LB and still going strong) - angled spoke holes. I don't think that these hulk rims have these.

I'm conservative and I'd only buy carbon rims from an ebay seller that had sold 1000's of rims over a period of years and had a feedback rating of 99.5+%.