Page 121 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,050 of 8107
    mtbr member
    Seems these 30 or 35mm rims are my next ones, built to WTB LaserDisc Lite hubs using DT-Swiss Revolution 2.0/1.5 spokes 3-cross and brass nipples.

Has anyone used this wide rims with 54mm tires ? Like my Schwalbe Thunder Burts which are currently on WTB LaserDisc rims.
    Cheers,
    -Mika

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterQ520 View Post
    The weight of IP-HR930C hooklees rim is around 410+/-15g/piece, there is picture there you can see.

And Of course we have IP-RM930C rims bead hook tubeless compatible rims available
    Attachment 900553Attachment 900554Attachment 900555Attachment 900556
    Peter, Do you have any plans to release a deeper section rim like derbys at a 30.5 depth?

Derby specs:

BSD: 622mm
    Outer width: 35mm
    Inner width: 29mm
    Depth: 30.5mm (internal nipple compatible)
    Channel depth: 8mm
    ERD: 580mm

I want 30/35 wide but im after a deeper rim.

Thanks

Norđwegr
    How are the generic Hubs LB have on offer holding up?
    I know I've read about it in this thread, but searching 241 pages would take alot longer than having a friendly soul write a couple of words
    WTB:

mtbr member
    I read a lot if not most of it...I think most everyone I saw was pretty happy with generic hubs, not the lightest but seem to hold up. The guys with more $ budget would go with Hope or other obviously. I'm thinking of going generic myself, but just got a set of brakes and have to save some more $ for more goodies. I'm wishing: UD matt 29r 30mm hookless (seems to be trend) generic hubs, brass nipples.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
    How are the generic Hubs LB have on offer holding up?
    I know I've read about it in this thread, but searching 241 pages would take alot longer than having a friendly soul write a couple of words

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Just wanted to happily report that I've changed out my Sun Ringle Inferno 27s (which didn't hold my Specialized 2bliss tires well) for Light Bike's AM 29er carbons and lost over 7oz each wheel. Wheelset was built up reusing the same front and rear hubs, cassette, and # of spokes.

Tubeless Tallboy LTc with carbon rims and bars is a very, very light bike...

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Anyone build up a SS set of wheels that are 12x142?

mtbr member
    May 2009

(Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?

Quote Originally Posted by dugt View Post
    Is that a secret code message or do you really think that makes sense?
    For sure, that makes sense. You should be aware of what is a tubeless rim. Don't you?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by patrul View Post
    What about the weight on 29er?

If you manufacture real tubeless compatible rims - with the lip at the bead - it think I won't be the only one buying you a pair. Why not?
    Show your post to someone who speaks native English and ask them what they think you are trying to say.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by J273 View Post
    Peter, Do you have any plans to release a deeper section rim like derbys at a 30.5 depth?

Derby specs:

BSD: 622mm
    Outer width: 35mm
    Inner width: 29mm
    Depth: 30.5mm (internal nipple compatible)
    Channel depth: 8mm
    ERD: 580mm

I want 30/35 wide but im after a deeper rim.

Thanks
    Typical, want to support that asswipe that won't bother to support this site and take out an add, but too cheap to support the person that does and makes the design you want.
    Ibis Mojo 3
    Carver 420 TI
    Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    The weight of IP-HR930C hooklees rim is around 410+/-15g/piece, there is picture there you can see.

And Of course we have IP-RM930C rims bead hook tubeless compatible rims available
    Attachment 900553Attachment 900554Attachment 900555Attachment 900556
    peter this site is single handedly the best advertising that you guys get. Why dont you pay to get a manufacturers forum or at least pay for your advertising? Not sure how much it costs, but if it is 1000/year or something it would help your public relations.

Crash Dummy In Training
    Quote Originally Posted by goodmojo View Post
    peter this site is single handedly the best advertising that you guys get. Why dont you pay to get a manufacturers forum or at least pay for your advertising? Not sure how much it costs, but if it is 1000/year or something it would help your public relations.
    I agree even if they added the cost to their rims it shouldn't be that much money.
    ​​
    2015 Flyxii / ENVE /Chris King Carbon 29'er H.T.
    SRAM XX1
    2012 Stump Jumper Comp 29'er H.T. SRAM XX1
    1997 Rock Hopper / Rock Shox Recon Silver / 1 x 10 SRAM X9 XO Mix XT V Brake system

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by goodmojo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PauLCa916 View Post
    I agree even if they added the cost to their rims it shouldn't be that much money.

It's been mentioned to him many times already.
    Ibis Mojo 3
    Carver 420 TI
    Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    The admin must not mind for whatever reason. Related to someone?

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by tiretracks View Post
    The admin must not mind for whatever reason. Related to someone?
    Traffic is traffic. Look at how many ppl search Chinese carbon wheels and this is the first thing that pops up.

Does Peter post pricing? I can't recall ever seeing pricing.

I think it's a grey area but for every one person aggravated about it there are tons of ppl that don't care. Shutting down the thread prob would cost more $$$ in clicks than a vendor set up bring in.

If it's really a huge deal then Derby or Nox or that giant tool Ya Mon's bs rim company would be a better option.

And that's a perfectly fine way to go. Cept ya mon. He's a tool. F that guy.

For guys like me that have an technical understanding of carbon and these things in general I think cheap Chinese carbon is a cost effective way of getting better wheels.

But you are also rolling the dice if you shred one too. You kill a derby you can call them and chat about it. That is certainly a nice thing to have in the event of something bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    months ago he did try to become a paid sponsor and, because of his language barrier, asked admin how he could go about "spamming" the forum (since everyone keeps telling him there is "paid spam"). Admin told him they didnt allow "spam" on the site and left it at that....
    Put a mountain biker in a room with 2 bowling balls and we'll break one and lose the other - GelatiCruiser

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Have you guys seen the new 2015 Roval Fattie wheels? I only mention them because they have the same dimensions 30mmID/35mmOD as the widest LB hookless rims. It is kind of funny, because a lot of people were wondering if the early LB rims were unbranded Rovals, and now it is kind of the reverse situation, with the generic coming out before the "name brand" models.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKaiser View Post
    Have you guys seen the new 2015 Roval Fattie wheels? I only mention them because they have the same dimensions 30mmID/35mmOD as the widest LB hookless rims. It is kind of funny, because a lot of people were wondering if the early LB rims were unbranded Rovals, and now it is kind of the reverse situation, with the generic coming out before the "name brand" models.
    Thanks for that info. It certainly lends some legitimacy to the benefits of 30mm inner dim rims.
    They said they used 2.3" casing tires. "Optimum pressures were a little lower, about three PSI in most cases...."

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKaiser View Post
    Really want to test those spoke plugs on LB rims

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Well my wheels finally arrived - will post pics once I have the tyres on etc.

For those that have the 30mm ID LB wheels, how many wraps of stan's tape did you use and did you cover the nipple holes only or tape from one inside edge of the rim to the other inside edge?

Ta
    Matt

mtbr member

Promotion! XM iplay 35mm OD / 30mm ID hookleess rim IP-HR935C

Here are some pictures of IP-HR935C rims for reference

IP-HR935C 35mm OD/30mm ID hookless rim weight:

440+/-15g

And we have these rims and IP-HR930C hookless rims for promotion from June 18th to July 25th. Please feel free to contact me.

29er rim,Xiamen Iplay Sporting Goods Co.,Ltd.

Email: peter@xmiplay.cn
    (Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?-img_1755.jpg(Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?-img_7274.jpg(Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?-img_7277.jpg(Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?-img_7279.jpg(Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?-img_7280.jpg(Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?-img_7282.jpg(Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?-img_7283.jpgName:  IP-HR935C 29er geometry.jpg
Views: 1086
Size:  22.6 KB

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack0207 View Post
    Well my wheels finally arrived - will post pics once I have the tyres on etc.

For those that have the 30mm ID LB wheels, how many wraps of stan's tape did you use and did you cover the nipple holes only or tape from one inside edge of the rim to the other inside edge?
    I am also waiting for my new 30mm ID hookless LB wheels and I was planning to use Notubes yellow tape 12 mm wide.
    The only function of the tape is to close the spoke holes or am I missing something?

I always start on the opposite side of the valve and overlap only 1 cm so I use just one wrap.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Name:  IP-HR935C 29er geometry.jpg
Views: 1086
    Name:  901760d1403007797-cheap-chinese-carbon-rims-ip-hr935c-29er-geometry.jpg
Views: 1515
    Interesting to compare with the LB rim:
    Name:  892186d1384201808t-cheap-chinese-carbon-rims-35hookless.jpg
Views: 1655
Size:  20.4 KB

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I'm hoping to get my 30mm hookless LB wheelset today also !!! Looking forward to seeing what the final weight will be with the DT240 hubs and DT Rev spokes. Will post once I pick them up and weigh them.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SandSpur View Post
    months ago he did try to become a paid sponsor and, because of his language barrier, asked admin how he could go about "spamming" the forum (since everyone keeps telling him there is "paid spam"). Admin told him they didnt allow "spam" on the site and left it at that....
    LOL

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Does anyone have the specs for the LB 30mm (outer) hookless rims? i.e. inner width, weight, measured erd?

Thanks in advance.

Arnborg strik
    I have just build up a set of the new 29" Hookles 30mm outside 24mm inside width.

Build them up with DT 240 centerlock hubs 135mm QR rear, and 15mm "Fifteen" front hub
    Sapim Laser spokes and DT 12mm alu nipples.
    Used DT Swiss and Wheelpro calculator
    Erd 601mm

Front wheel:
    Left side = 292mm
    Right side = 294mm

Rear wheel:
    Left side = 294mm
    Right side = 292mm

Spoke ends where perfect at the end of the nipple heads

Front wheel = 697gr
    Rear wheel = 800gr

/Thomas

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    I have just build up a set of the new 29" Hookles 30mm outside 24mm inside width.

Build them up with DT 240 centerlock hubs 135mm QR rear, and 15mm "Fifteen" front hub
    Sapim Laser spokes and DT 12mm alu nipples.
    Used DT Swiss and Wheelpro calculator
    Erd 601mm

Front wheel:
    Left side = 292mm
    Right side = 294mm

Rear wheel:
    Left side = 294mm
    Right side = 292mm

Spoke ends where perfect at the end of the nipple heads

Front wheel = 697gr
    Rear wheel = 800gr

/Thomas
    Thanks Thomas! Sweet wheelset!

Did you get a weight on the rims themselves?

Arnborg strik
    Sorry.....Forgot.
    Rims where 405 and 406gr

/Thomas

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Kappius now has very light 30mm wide carbon rims at 365g with hook for 599.00 each, not cheep!!

Norđwegr
    Quote Originally Posted by dgw7000 View Post
    Kappius now has very light 30mm wide carbon rims at 365g with hook for 599.00 each, not cheep!!
    Ironical once you check out who started the thread.
    WTB:

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I had no idea!! I was talking to Jake at Project 321 today about there new lighter 285g hubs and he said they are now offering Kappius rims. Project 321 is making some good stuff and are great to deal with!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'd like to interrupt this thread to report that my light bicycle front wheel was stolen from me in Hialeah FL. The person who stole it likely doesn't know what he got and probably won't fit on his bike. I'm searching ebay and craigslist, but if somehow you find out someone is selling a carbon 29er front wheel cheap, I offer $100 reward and a bottle of illegal cuban rum, mtbr once helped get my bilenky back so maybe there's another miracle possible. Link to facebook here.. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1605...7197635309164/

and a photo... (Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?-front-wheel-only.jpg

Oh novatec 15mm hub, there may be some black sealer solvent at the valve core from my setting up tubeless issues...

Thanks in advance.
    JV
    Miami FL

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Fitted up my new LB wheel set (29er 3K matte 30mmID AM with hope hubs and pillar aero spokes). Took just over an hr to fit up both and couldn't be happier.
    Wheels spin up quicker/easier, bike handles a lot differently (read better) and now it literally pops off any lumps/bumps whereas before it felt more like a tank to get off the ground.
    Finish of the final wheel set was perfect - no nipple bulges or cracks in carbon finish that some others have seen and man this Hope hub is loud.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack0207 View Post
    Fitted up my new LB wheel set (29er 3K matte 30mmID AM with hope hubs and pillar aero spokes). Took just over an hr to fit up both and couldn't be happier.
    Wheels spin up quicker/easier, bike handles a lot differently (read better) and now it literally pops off any lumps/bumps whereas before it felt more like a tank to get off the ground.
    Finish of the final wheel set was perfect - no nipple bulges or cracks in carbon finish that some others have seen and man this Hope hub is loud.
    How can you claim the 30mm rims are better when many "experts" who have not tried them claim they are too wide? :-)

Seriously, thanks for your report. It sounds like they are exceeding your expectations and I am happy for you. I hope I am just as happy for me when I get mine in a couple of weeks.

Are these on a relatively light cf bike? What size tires?

dt

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dugt View Post
    I hope I am just as happy for me when I get mine in a couple of weeks.

Are these on a relatively light cf bike? What size tires?

dt
    As long as the QC is done properly on your wheels, I have no doubt you will be happy with them. I was surprised at how much more direct the steering felt along with responsiveness. The amount of pop difference is due to the old stock P-XC2 wheels flexing and absorbing a lot of the energy.

Fitted to Anthem X29er with a few modifications, so even for an alu bike it is pretty light to start with.
    Tyres fitted:
    Front - Hans Dampf 2.35
    Rear - Racing Ralph 2.2
    My wife and kids noticed the extra beefiness of the tyres as soon as they were fitted. Overall, both the front and rear have slightly more width and give it a tractor like appearance. Definitely is turning a few heads here in Japan....haha

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    After a few hundred miles on my LB 35mm od hookless rims I am very happy. As Jack and others have stated the bike has a much different feel. Its much snappier and tracks better everywhere. The difference is really quite amazing. I am running these on a tallboy LTc and I weigh 185 before backpack and gear. So far they are holding up great and running very true. I have been running 22lbs in the back and 20 in the front which gives a great feel. The traction and feel at this is like the feel of the old rims at 28lbs but more traction and no roll over. I started at 28 rear and it was too hard, you have to lower the pressure some to get a good feel. I have had one tire cut which I think was due to low pressure and very aggressive down hill run in which I hit a big root VERY hard and cut the tire (WTB Bronson race) right at the rim(which would have cut a tire on my old rims too). So I may have to run a little more pressure on rough rides. I will add a couple lbs and see how much it affects the feel and performance.
    Over all I am very happy with these rims.
    I used dt comps and I9 hubs with about 110tq drive side.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Thanks for the report and encouragement, Andy. I can't wait to try these wheels.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I now have a full week of riding on my "Monster Truck" 30mm ID LB hookless wheelset and have been playing with tire pressure during each ride. I'm now down to 21 PSI front and rear on my hardtail 29er and still using the 2.0" Specialized Captain tires. More then anything I notice the ability to climb stuff that I was never able to climb before. Super tech, loose rock, and steep sections that I was not able to make (or the other 8 guys I was riding with) yet I was able to make it for the first time with the new wheels. They also seem to really hold a line well while corning and I attribute this to the stiffer and wider carbon rims. This wheelset is the same weight (1520 grams) as the previous Crest wheelset I was using. So far ... I'm very happy.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I noticed an immediate and relatively dramatic improvement in climbing ability under all conditions. They just hook up and you get the power down.

I had to put my old wheel/tire combo back on for a ride, and I also really noticed how much more the tire under narrow rim squirmed in cornering.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Any clydes out there running the 35mm 32h versions on am/heavy xc duty - did you lace with straightgage or double butted?

Andre

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by drdre View Post
    Any clydes out there running the 35mm 32h versions on am/heavy xc duty - did you lace with straightgage or double butted?

Andre
    I'm 105kg, I'm running the 35mm 29ers with DT Revs and DT BRass pro-locks. No issues to report.

WAWE
    Jan 2004
    Maybe they're not exactly the same but the new 30mm/35mm Specialized Roval Traverse Fattie resemble the LB35.
    First Ride: Roval Traverse Fattie Wheels - Super Wide and Super Fast - Pinkbike

mtbr member

Just got my second set of LB rims - weighed 360g at the shop each. First set I bought is AWESOME. Have about 500 miles on them. I originally got the AM version of the 29 hookless in 32 hole built on DTSWISS 350 hubs. The new ones are the XC version with 28 hole. Will have wheels built up,with DTSWISS 240s straight pull hubs.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I am thinking about building up a set of LB 30mm rims. What is a good model hub that is XD Driver compatible? Looking for an economical solution.
    -------------------------------------

http://www.hookit.com/members/derekpommerenck/

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dpom View Post
    I am thinking about building up a set of LB 30mm rims. What is a good model hub that is XD Driver compatible? Looking for an economical solution.
    I had them build a set on Hopes for my wife and I'm very happy with the result.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Hmm, so is anybody running straight gauge spokes at all?

The Mountain Bike Life
    I am running straight guage DT spokes with long brass nipples in a 2 cross setup...loving it so far!

transmitter~receiver

Quote Originally Posted by drdre View Post
    Hmm, so is anybody running straight gauge spokes at all?
    That's like asking if anyone has steel wheels and hubcaps on their Ferrari... but there are probably people who are.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dpom View Post
    Novatec / Hope and others can be built by LB

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I would check out the new MTB hubs at Bike Hub Store. They have a new set that is both front and rear convertible to through axle and the front rear pair is less than $150. That will be teh next set I use to build up some wheels.