mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Chainrings for X7 2X10 Crank

Hi,
    My bike came with a 26/39 chainrings on a SRAM X7 crank. I would like to lower the gearing and lessen the jump between the rings. Does anyone know of a source for 24/36 rings that will fit this crank or the bolt pattern used for the granny?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    ok, I have figured out that I am basically f'ed trying to lower my gearing by finding new rings for my crank. For those who haven't experienced 2x10 yet, 36 is the smallest ring possible for a 80/120 bcd spider. 80/120 is the standard for 2x10 cranks, which are considered the equivalent of the big and middle ring on a triple.

My new question for the experts: Can I use a 10 speed double crank and rings (considered the equivalent of the small and middle ring on a triple), or even a triple with a bash guard in place of a big ring?

Thanks for the help

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu Pidassle View Post
    ok, I have figured out that I am basically f'ed trying to lower my gearing by finding new rings for my crank. For those who haven't experienced 2x10 yet, 36 is the smallest ring possible for a 80/120 bcd spider. 80/120 is the standard for 2x10 cranks, which are considered the equivalent of the big and middle ring on a triple.

My new question for the experts: Can I use a 10 speed double crank and rings (considered the equivalent of the small and middle ring on a triple), or even a triple with a bash guard in place of a big ring?

Thanks for the help
    Triple cranks without the big ring (w/bash or shorter bolts) work just fine as a double.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common