mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Carbon Bars: Easton EC 70, Race Face Next, or TruVativ Noir

Looking for a carbon bar to help with some hand numbness. The XC70 is about $90 shipped, the Race Face around $100, and depending on which Noir they run $90 to $140. Good vibration control is more important than weight. Open to other brands. Any input is welcome. Thanks!

mtbr member
    I picked up the FSA K-Force flat bar carbon 600mm for under $100. Mine weighed in at 127g. Ebay has them from time to time. Had it for 2 months, great bar.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I love my Easton EC 90 bars. I Gotta think EC 70 is your best bet for cost and performance.

mtbr member
    I would make sure to pay close attention to bar width ... people are tending to ride wider bars, with good reason.

I have three 29ers, and have been happy with the Niner carbon bars I put on my rigid ss ... pretty sure they are 710 mm wide ... wider than my others for sure.

SPP
    Rigid.

29er
    Apr 2010
    love my ec70 685mm wide bars

Rub it............
    Love my Eastons. On my 2nd one. - First bar was an Easton Monkey Lite XC - 4 years 2 really bad crashes it was time to replace it. Picked up the Easton EC90's Love them.

On my SS bike, I'm running the Forte Carbon bars. Very similar in feel - much lower in cost - than the Eastons.

Just make sure the width/sweet/rise is correct.

mtbr member
    I ride a Noir T20 and love it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    EC70 wide flat bars here.

change is good
    Sep 2004
    Syntace, 3T

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    +1 for Easton EC70 Flat Wide

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Raceface SIXC.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    I haven't personally tried them, but I've heard a few good things about these.. much more reasonably priced and they are an Alum reinforced carbon so less likely to get the dreaded catastrophic failure carbon is famous for...

CarbonCycles.CC :: Components :: Products
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    I run T40 Noir, Easton Haven carbon and Sunline V1 carbon on my 3 bikes. I would go the Easton Haven's first, followed closely by the T40 Noirs.

Keep on Rockin...
    The new Specialized Mini Riser is awsome. Flat and wide at 720mm, and is very springy.

Hand numbness has virtually nothing to do with a bars composition. Bend, height, saddle position and grips have far more to do with that. Bike fit is important. I find bars with a lot of bend, some sweep, and big ol' Oury grips do wonders for the hands. (I get a lot of numbness).

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I use Crankbrothers Iodine 11 bars...30mm rise. I think they are 680 width. Can be had for about $100. If you want less rise look at the Crankbrothers Cobalt line....it did wonders for vibration control for me. Also survived some pretty gnarly wipeouts. If you are running carbon frame, be careful that the bars aren't able to hit the top tube if you decide to faceplant.
    2012 Scott Scale 29 Expert