mtbr member

cant find hanger for diamondback mason

Ive checked many online websites and cannot find a replacement. I also called diamondback and their warranty and received no response. I ordered the bike directly from diamondback and it arrived bent. The bike has the new sram x9 type 2 clutch derailleur and a solid 12mm axle.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Try emailing these guys DerailleurHanger.com

but really they should replace it if it was bent when you received it.

ballbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by ihaveagibsonsg View Post
    Ive checked many online websites and cannot find a replacement. I also called diamondback and their warranty and received no response. I ordered the bike directly from diamondback and it arrived bent. The bike has the new sram x9 type 2 clutch derailleur and a solid 12mm axle.

Bent how badly? I dunno... Wacky idea, but Bend it back?

mtbr member
    Ehhhhhhhhhhh, I rather just get a new one so the bike can operate like a new bike should. Is that too much to ask for? A bent back one will never compare to a new one. Why ride a bike with down-syndrome when you can have an Einstein? It's bent badly enough to send my derailleur into my spokes on the lowest gear WITH a guard. Ever climb a 20% grade 1.2 mile climb on a 1x10 slack 66.5 HTA 29er with a 140mm fork and being stuck in the second cog?

The clowns at Fedex who throw bikes around are probably to blame.

There is no other way to contact diamondback except the good ol' pony express. I think I might have to send a hand written note to get my point across.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    A bent hanger will cause shifting issue but you should be able to adjust the low limit enough to keep the RD out of the spokes. Does it shift ok besides going into the spokes?

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    The same thing happened the mine which just came in the mail yesterday. Did you ever figure out what part number it is?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveagibsonsg View Post

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    How are you guys ordering bikes directly from diamondback? Don't see that option on their site.

Try calling performance. They're the biggest diamondback dealer. Maybe they have some pull.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    May try contacting Wheels Manufacturing too.

Crash Dummy In Training
    LBS can straighten them my buddy bent his and the fixed it happens a lot.
    ​​
    2012 Stump Jumper Comp 29'er H.T.
    1997 Rock Hopper / Manitou TI Bulge Fork / Shimano STX-3 x 7 P.O.S.​

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    did you finally got the replacement hanger? Mine came bent too but I was able to get hold of a rep and my replacement is on its way.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Good thing you didnt snap yours like I didnt. I have never dealt with such a run around as trying to order a new rear hanger. My Fuji Nevada is nothing special the rear hanger D002 is a rare gem emailed Fuji Warranty they drag their asses with these issue. Glad yours could be fixed

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I own a 2013 Diamondback Mason. Its a great bike. I love everything about it, Price, Spec, Geo etc.

However. I bent a derailleur hanger 8 weeks ago and still haven't been able to track one down.

I just got off the phone with Diamondback (800-222-5527). They don't have them in stock and they can't tell me when they will be getting new ones in.

They also said they are unable to get me shop drawings so I could get one easily made up at a machine shop.

In my opinion not stocking parts so people can continue to enjoy they bicycle is a pretty big red flag.

I did manage to get the diamondback part # not that it will ever be helpful. (#3268060)

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmas View Post
    May try contacting Wheels Manufacturing too.
    I tried Wheels.
    They redirected me to:The Fix Bicycle Products Inc. who returned one of my emails but didn't get back to me with a quote.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I just spoke with Patrick @ Raleigh Canada (The Diamondback Facebook page recommended this) 905-829-5555. He was super helpful. He got to the bottom of it and I now have a hanger on order and I should get it in 4-6 weeks.