mtbr member

Camber Wheel Upgrade?

So I got a new Camber Comp Carbon 29er and was curious if I could eventually upgrade wheels (when my pocketbook recovers over the winter haha). I no zero about wheelsets and know lots of other people are in the same boat.
    My bike came with "Roval 29, alloy disc, 26mm wide, 32h" according to the Specialized website.
    I weigh about 185 and would like to get a lighter set and run tubeless. Curious what options are good and what they might run and what the weight savings might be. I ride XC/AM and put a lot of miles on every season. Any info would be appreciated!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Check out either the arch or flow wheels from Stan's. The arch will be a lighter weight wheelset but still strong enough for XC/AM riding with your weight. The flows are a wider more AM oriented wheel. The reason I recommend these is because they are one of the best for the money. Both will cost around $450 a set and work well when set up as tubeless with a lot of different tires (ust and non-ust tires). I've put several hundred miles on my arch ex/Stan's hubs with zero issues. I'd recommend them to anyone looking for a great value.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    What did you end up going with? I am also in the market for a wheelset for my 2012 camber comp. I am 205lbs and ride mostly XC/AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crocketttaco View Post
    What did you end up going with? I am also in the market for a wheelset for my 2012 camber comp. I am 205lbs and ride mostly XC/AM.
    I ended up with Stans ZTR Arch EX 29er. A lot lighter than stock, but rated for up to 230 lbs. Haven't taken them out on the trail yet (cause it snowy here now) but most people have said onyl good things about them. Not a bad price either $530.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    since you got a specialized carbon bike, maybe the specialized carbon wheels. They list for 1200 which is phenomenal. If you bought your bike at your LBS maybe they wil cut you a deal (some people are reporting 900).

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    did you convert your front hub to 15mm? How's the adapter for the 142+ rear?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crocketttaco View Post
    did you convert your front hub to 15mm? How's the adapter for the 142+ rear?
    I bought mine from probikesupply.com , they ask before you check out your axle sizes and send you the end caps. You just pop them on. Really fast and easy. I dont think I had to do anything special, it just worked fine for me is all I remember

mtbr member
    How much weight will you save and can you tell a difference in the ride? I'm considering the same upgrade but seems a lot to save maybe a pound.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarBrahWyo View Post
    I ended up with Stans ZTR Arch EX 29er. A lot lighter than stock, but rated for up to 230 lbs. Haven't taken them out on the trail yet (cause it snowy here now) but most people have said onyl good things about them. Not a bad price either $530.
    Did you weigh your original wheels and the new ones? I have a 2012 camber carbon and have thought about stan's or traverse sl.