Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Buying Alibaba or Aliexpress

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  brmeyer135 
#1 ·
Just wanted to give a warning about buying from alibaba and aliexpress. I happened on alibaba and asked for quotes for sram xx1 - I received a good one at 580.00 for the whole grupo. The guy Peter Liu of newbikedepartment@163.com only took western union or TT. I asked to make the deal using alibaba's escrow service. He said he wasn't set up to do that, only WU and TT. That is when I ended it. Also, he was supposedly a 'gold partner' for what that is worth - I think you BUY that designation. If you want name brand product, don't try buying through alibaba or aliexpress. If they were a legitimate company they should use the alibaba/aliexpress escrow services(alibaba will hold the money until you are satisfied and then release to company). Obviously, some product is good through alibaba - chinese frame and forks - but not anything brand name...this is beyond just bikes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.