Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    660

    Best 130mm NON tapered 29er fork is???

    So I have an older Behemoth without the tapered head tube. I love the bike but the fork is hammered and most (all) the good forks new are tapered, I think. Anyone have input? Open to getting a used one but not sure of the best one to buy

  2. #2
    Trail Ninja
    Reputation: Varaxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,931
    Cannondale Lefty Supermax.

    Oh wait, that's a strut, not a fork.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    Cannondale Lefty Supermax.

    Oh wait, that's a strut, not a fork.


    Thanks, I hadn't even thought about a lefty

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    660
    OK, how bout 120mm?

  5. #5
    Trail Ninja
    Reputation: Varaxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,931
    X Fusion Trace RL2 29er Fork | eBay

    Wouldn't bid more than $600 for it, personally. If you're the only bidder, then you seriously lucked out on a bargain. Test your fate?

    Lesser options: German:A Xcite, Marzocchi 44, Manitou Tower Pro, Revelation, Fox 32... you'd need to hunt for the straight 1 1/8" steerers for most of these options. I imagine you would much prefer the stiffer Trace fork though.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    22
    Price point has the manitou tower pro, 120mm 1.125 non tapered 9mm QR for $250. Hell of a deal. Quite a few guys, including myself, have picked one up.

    Manitou Tower Pro 80mm/100mm/120mm/140mm 29er Fork | Manitou | Brand | www.PricePoint.com

    I think that would be hard to beat at that price.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    353
    The White Brothers Loop is available with a straight steerer tube. They make a model that is internally adjustable 120-130-140mm travel.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
    So I have an older Behemoth without the tapered head tube. I love the bike but the fork is hammered and most (all) the good forks new are tapered, I think.
    What fork is on the bike now? Can you send it to PUSH for a rebuild/re-valve?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by junkhauler View Post
    Price point has the manitou tower pro, 120mm 1.125 non tapered 9mm QR for $250. Hell of a deal. Quite a few guys, including myself, have picked one up.

    Manitou Tower Pro 80mm/100mm/120mm/140mm 29er Fork | Manitou | Brand | www.PricePoint.com

    I think that would be hard to beat at that price.


    Looks like a good deal, THX. ESP for that price! I thought I had searched all the sites online but missed this one

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by 12snap View Post
    The White Brothers Loop is available with a straight steerer tube. They make a model that is internally adjustable 120-130-140mm travel.
    I haven't heard of this one, will check it out

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by 12snap View Post
    What fork is on the bike now? Can you send it to PUSH for a rebuild/re-valve?
    Mine is a FOX 36 modded. I don't think PUSH will touch it since it has to have the spacer in it to keep it from bottoming out with the 29er wheel.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BacDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    565
    Got a Marzzochi Bomber 29 micro ti 44 I was going to throw it up on eBay. Strait 1 1/8" steerer perfect shape set up 120 now but think all you need to do is remove spacer. Got a 15mm thru axle. PM me if interested.

Similar Threads

  1. 29er tapered fork 140mm with 20mm axle
    By Broncstad in forum Where are the Best Deals?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-13-2013, 05:55 PM
  2. Tapered 29er Fork - Any better deal than this?
    By squak in forum Where are the Best Deals?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-08-2013, 11:05 AM
  3. 100mm 29er fork tapered 15mm
    By eugenemtbing in forum Where are the Best Deals?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-28-2013, 12:27 PM
  4. Looking for a 29er Fork with a 1.5 steer tube not tapered
    By fatcat in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-14-2011, 12:25 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 01:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •