Trail Junkie

BB30 Alternatives

I've heard some mixed reviews with adaptors. Some haven't had problems, others experienced them being crushed.

Since this is a new build and I'll have to buy the BB30 bottom bracket, but plan on using a GXP crankset, I wonder if anyone has any words about the Wheel Manufacturing BB30 to Outboard Bottom Bracket for use of Shimano 24mm or SRAM GxP 22-24mm cranksets?
    Wheels Mfg BB30 Outboard Bottom Brackets

I figured if I have to spend $40-50 for a BB, and another $30 for the adaptors, this comes out to being about the same price (amazon price), and it looks like I may not have to have it pressed in.

If you have experience with this BB solution, please share!
    Cheers!
    Santa Cruz Tallboy c
    Lynskey Pro29 SS
    Cervelo S2
    Spech Tricross Exp
    Raleigh Rx1.0

Fut. Bikes:
    Misfit diSSent
    Soma ES

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I did a decent bit of research on this as well, and in the end decided to just go get a proper BB30 crankset. If I were to stay this way my options were going to be:

- Use Wheels manfufacturing adapters until BB needed replacement
    - than go with Praxis works https://praxiscycles.com/product/con...ramgxp-isis-2/

I had a new bike that most parts were being replaced on so it came installed with BB30 already and a low end BB30 crankset so I was in no hurry. In your case it might be differnet and going straight to the praxis might be best idea. I did send you a PM as well.
    XC, Road, XXC, Endurance, Mtn, All-Mtn, Cross, Gravel, just go have fun on 2 wheels!

Trail Junkie
    I have already ordered the one from Wheel Mfg. that looks very similar to the Praxis and about the same price. The one I got has the upgraded angular-contact bearing so we'll see. All of my other bikes run BSA threaded which I am very comfortable with so this will be my first venture into pressed BBs.

This is going on a cross bike, and I already have a Force group with a Force crankset so replacing it with a BB30 would be another $250-$300. I don't feel like the situation is drastic enough to warrant a crankset replacement.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy c
    Lynskey Pro29 SS
    Cervelo S2
    Spech Tricross Exp
    Raleigh Rx1.0

Fut. Bikes:
    Misfit diSSent
    Soma ES