mtbr member
    Nov 2012

anyone use WTB Nano 2.1 29" TCS Tire on the ArchEx Rim?

hello,
    I recently moved and will be using my bike on pavement more than trail unfortunately so I wanted to get a good light weight fast rolling tire with a little bite to it.
    After careful research i decided on the WTB Nano 2.1 29" TCS Tire but then realized that stans didnt recommend the wtb tcs tires because they are too tight. I later found this article Project 24.2 Review: WTB Nano TCS 2.1 XC tires and WeirWolf grips - Bike Rumor and see that he mounted them just fine with a hand pump.?
    So my question is has anyone else been successful with this combo?
    Also i see there are 2 different options for this tire.

MPN: W010-0415 UPC: 714401104150
    MPN: W010-0456 UPC: 714401104563

Whats the difference?

anyone?

Tires will be mounted on a custom xtc2 29'
    anyone use WTB Nano 2.1 29" TCS Tire on the ArchEx Rim?-custxtc2.jpg

fog
    mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    The WCS tires are about 3mm smaller in diameter and will not work on a Stans rim.
    I bought the WCS tires and could not get them on the rim. I contacted WTB or Stans (I cannot remember which one I contacted) and they told me the difference in tire diameter.
    I have had good luck with the WTB Nanos with the armid bead.
    Good luck,
    Wayne

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I have run the Nano tubeless on some Easton wheels and Bontrager RXL with no problems. I did use a compressor to air them up and pop the beads.

mtbr member
    I've recently had 2 different WTB tires blow off of a new Arch EX rim (relaced over the winter). Getting them on was not the problem - keeping them on was. Last one was a few days ago and I had to walk out... So I would stay away from that combo. Maybe you could try one of the Stan's tires. They are light, and look like they have a minimal tread, which would be good for pavement, and they are sure to be compatible with his rim. But, I'm wondering why you don't just keep the Racing Ralphs on there? They should be about perfect for pavement riding, being light and fast rolling - one of the original "minimalist" tires.
    'Bones

Rub it............
    No Tubes has stated on their website that the TCS tires are not recommended for use with their rims.

Tire is too tight.

Recommended Tires

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    no ****? thanks for the news flash captain obvious..
    did you read anything i typed? obviously not..
    classic..
    Quote Originally Posted by frdfandc View Post
    No Tubes has stated on their website that the TCS tires are not recommended for use with their rims.

Tire is too tight.

Recommended Tires

Rub it............
    Just trying to help. There were 2 others that posted the same info. No need to be a douche canoe about it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    well, all i can say is i hope you tried a little harder on the other 3,570 posts you have made because your attempt at helping on this post consisted of reiterating exactly what i had already said.. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by frdfandc View Post
    Just trying to help. There were 2 others that posted the same info. No need to be a douche canoe about it.

Rub it............

Re: anyone use WTB Nano 2.1 29" TCS Tire on the ArchEx Rim?

All I can say is that I hope your not as big of an ass on your next 3570 posts as you were on these past few.

Sent from my Secret Bunker using Smoke Signals 2

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    why are you still here? i posted this to try and get REAL answers from people who have tried this tire/rim combo
    look at my original post and then look at your reply...
    you got EXACTLY the reply you deserved..
    your not "helping" anyone if you dont read the post and then just reiterate what was already said.. read or dont bother replying.. its real simple math..

Rub it............

Re: anyone use WTB Nano 2.1 29" TCS Tire on the ArchEx Rim?

Cross post this in the wheel/tire section. It will probably gey more views since you only received a few replies.

I did read the article. The author didn't say how he mounted the tires. If your experince and others are proof that it is very, very difficuly to virtually impossible, it is highly suspect that the author had difficulty mounting these tires on his wheels. He just didn't say how difficult it was.

Email the author and see what type of response you do get.

I have ran Geax Barro Race tires that needed steel tire levers to mount on Shimano UST 29er wheels the first time. After that, they were a little bit easier to instsll. I ended up finding a different tire that wasn't such a hugh problem.

Might have to search for a different tire.

Sent from my Secret Bunker using Smoke Signals 2