mtbr member
    Mar 2012

anyone have a koobi saddle?

I have been reading about these and I am thinking about getting one for my roadbike. The company was started by MTBers. Anyone have one? from reading about them hey seem like the best.
    Epic Flash Boris F65X + road bikes

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I have one on my road bike, PRS alpha I think, I've tried a bunch and finally realized I couldn't get more comfortable than I am on this one. I went to buy one for my mtb and found that the price had gone from the $160 I had originally paid to over $200 and decided I didn't like it that much.

That said, I have a lot of miles on it and if you want to spend that much on a saddle it is definately well made and comfortable.

Cassoulet forever !
    i have a triathlon specific model and find the padding too soft to my liking.
    Frenchspeaking 29"ers community site http://VingtNeuf.org

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    koobi only saddle I have had since 99. Removed the tingly numb feeling I was feeling in my private parts. Its on my mt bike, road, and cruiser. Recommended but yes, the price is high.

mtbr member

I have a PRS

I've had a Koobi PRS on my steel hardtail for years. Great saddle and hasn't worn out in 10 years of riding. (It's not my very day bike so maybe that is equal to five years of wear)

mtbr member

Most comfortable saddle I ever owned

Had one one my mountain bike. Used it for years and years. Sold the bike with the saddle (stupid me). Guy still has the bike and the saddle. Says it's the most comfortable saddle he's every been on. How much would you pay?
    "You'll thank me when it's all said and done"

mtbr member
    Friend of mine swears by his Koobi, but it didn't work as well for me.
    I prefer the Selle SMP... another $$$ saddle.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I have seen ads, but I've met no riders using one. The new Ergon saddles manufactured by Selle Italia got my attention as well. I think I'll keep riding what I own for now.

Sim
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Hope

I have tried a few saddles this year. A Koobi Xenon, it work pretty good on my MTB not so well on my road bike. Specialized Toupe, same. I couldn't get really comfortable on either of these. I demoed a Specialized Romin on my road bike and like it a lot. The only down side was it was sensitive to fore and aft positioning. I like it well enough to order a Romin EVO, which isn't as sensitive to fore and aft. I love it on my road bike, I haven't been this comfortable on a bike in years! Haven't tried it on my MTB, I need to order another one to do so because it's not coming off the road bike. I also demoed a Selle Italia Max Flite Gel Flow.
    It wasn't so hot on the road bike but works better than anything else I haved used on the MTB. Very comfortable on a hard tail. Also tried a WTB Devo, Selle Italia SL XC Flow. Neither solved my soft tissue problem.

Now I'm broke but my butt is happy.

I have a lot of used saddles for sale if anyone wants to try my discards!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I am pretty new to this and based on more research I believe I will try my riding shorts with out underwear before I invest in any more saddles. :0
    Epic Flash Boris F65X + road bikes