Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Anyone ever try the duro Miner 29er??

workin' it Administrator
    I read somewhere that Duro, maker of tires for others was just coming to market in the US. I would expect to see something at Interbike. Perhaps Shiggy knows?
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    I've seen them on ebay. you can get a set for what you'd pay for just one tire from others.

Looks intersting...

mtbr member
    bueller???

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    The local young stud, who just got 4th in the fools gold 100 and is the 19-29 cat 1 short track champ, works for Duro and rides the miner's. There is a demo set up at the LBS that I want to try out when I get a minute. Look nice and they are fairly light. I'll weigh the set next time I'm up there

mtbr member
    thx for the info

Cassoulet forever !
    Some info on my forum:
    http://twentyniner.free.fr/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2704

580g
    looks a bit like a seguaro. I didn't rode them
    Frenchspeaking 29"ers community site http://VingtNeuf.org

Harmonius Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher
    I read somewhere that Duro, maker of tires for others was just coming to market in the US. I would expect to see something at Interbike. Perhaps Shiggy knows?
    I'm sure Shiggy knows more than I do, but I did speak with the guy at the Duro booth at Sea Otter. He used to test for Maxxis and is now working for Duro as their U.S. agent and consultant.

It isn't an entirely alien brand to U.S. shores, just go into any MallWart and check out some tire side walls.

This effort Duro is making now though is supposedly to step out from behind the curtains, as it were, from making tires under other brand names to making them for themselves.

I was also told that the Miner is only a first attempt at a 29"er tire- that more would be in development later. As of Sea Otter, they seemed to be focusing on more of the DH/Dual Slalom/stunt stuff.

An aquaintence of mine tried some out and said he was sorely disappointed in the size/volume. He stated that they were maybe 1.8-1.9's and had not much volume. Otherwise I have seen no other good reports on these.

mtbr member
    thx for the info

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Tommy, is that you?

Dude, I didn't know you were riding mtb. I was just at Santos Saturday.

mtbr member
    yup its me.

pm me your number.

I live 10 mins from santos. and i rode saturday....lo.l

mtbr member

yeah these things clear my crosscheck fork, so maybe they would work for a monstercross tire but for real MTB racing not so much, at least IMHO.

San Miguel Beer Drinker
    Apr 2009
    anyone with a more detailed review on this tire?
    i just bought a pair and mounted it tubeless on my rims.
    no more pressure loss and weeping beads/sidewalls after two days.

will get to try it this weekend on the trail.

agu
    mtbr member
    they run a but narrow for their stated size but are in the same fast rolling category as the WTB Nano and Geax Saguaro

currently my monstercross tire of choice on the Drakkar

mtbr member
    I got a pair of them like a year ago, weighted about 700 grams donīt remember now, but not whats mentioned above, tire looks a bit narrow, for the 2.1, rolls good feels light, super for gravel, firm, dry terrain. Lasted several races setted tubelles, then, one of the sides got a scrape, still works but not for tubelles, like people here says... my two cents

San Miguel Beer Drinker
    Apr 2009
    wow 700 grams.. thats pretty heavy!

i wasnt able to weigh my set.

agu
    mtbr member
    didn't weigh mine but I think the sidewalls seem to be quite thick (think Geax), so despite the lack of volume you can play with the tire pressures a bit

mtbr member
    guys, for the time they lasted on several bikes (mine and a friendīs) they are great in price, durability and performance. I would prefer CROSSMARKS for this terrain but doubt they last what DUROS did.
    the wall puncture was found after a ride at low presure, the bikes stayed a week at home, then when inflated the sealant brew didnīt work.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    well i just mounted mine up for the first time. they are NOT a large volume tire. it says 2.1 but think 1.9

standing next to my Nano tire, the Nano seemed .5" taller. it was quite obvious.

they have some decent nobs on the corners but i only have one ride on them and its too early too tell how they grip for such a skinny tire when i am used to ignitors 2.1s

they do roll fast though!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    also they weigh 630 grams. which is disappointing when jenson had them advertised at 566. especially since they are so skinny i would hope they would be lighter.

San Miguel Beer Drinker
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hobiesmith View Post
    also they weigh 630 grams. which is disappointing when jenson had them advertised at 566. especially since they are so skinny i would hope they would be lighter.
    for the price i paid, i wouldn't be complaining at the weight

i got it for $18.50 each

cant wait to try it tomorrow

San Miguel Beer Drinker
    Apr 2009
    was able to ride it on loose gravel firetracks, gripped quite well for a greatly priced tire

mtbr member
    Any more info on the weight and cornering grip?

mtbr member
    Got my Duro 29 last night. Weighs 650g which is impressive for the price.

Haven't mounted it yet but looking forward.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I just ordered one from Amazon for my rear at 21 bucks. Currently running the new FastTracks, my rear side wall died from a large cut. I'll try this out on the rear in its place. Not sure it would make a good front tire, but with the small nobs it should be good on the rear....especially for 20 bucks!

Update: Just came in. It weighs in at 700.23 grams. I'm disappointed about that but it's really not too bad I guess. We'll see how they ride tomorrow.

Update: Stick like glue and fast rolling. Stick better on the rear than the new Fastrak I have on the front. Tubeless setup was a little bit of a pain. I had to inflate with a tube first so the tire mended to the rim and then break the bead on one side and slip the tube out and reinflate. Then popped the valve core out and squirted some Stans in.

It sealed perfect and now I can ride at 30psi (200 pound guy) and it has great traction in eveything (didn't try in thick mud because we don't have much of that down here in South Florida).

Still a bit heavy for my tastes but, for 21 dollars, they are worth it all day long!
    Last edited by thumper07; 08-13-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast